'Invalid ms-dos function'

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthertm

Dabbler
Hi,
My freenas recently had a PSU failure and I've now rebuilt with new case and PSU. All data restored and shares as normal... However.. Every time I try to copy or move a folder, using a windows 7 PC, I am greeted with 'invalid ms-dos function' and I cannot copy. The same action using file explorer on my lablet works fine.

Ive read threads and posts about adding "store dos attribute = no" to the cifs parameter... But doesn't solve the issue for me :-(

I'm no pro, nor complete novice but not affay with programming commands of freenas... Really appreciate some help.

Let me know if you need me to post some specs etc, thank you

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The appearance of the error messages coincidented EXACTLY with your blown PSU? What was the failure mode of the PSU (i.e., was it damaged by a voltage spike, did it release magic smoke, what caused you to replace the PSU, etc.)

Also, as per forum rules, please let us know the hardware you are running, to include CPU, motherboard, RAM amount/type, number/type of drives, and so forth, sir.

arthertm

Dabbler
Apologies.... haven't used the forum for a long time..

I can't say exactly as I lost connection to freenas (its in garage) so went to inspect, found wouldn't power up, checked spare motherboard I had to isolate down to PSU. New PSU (and case - just because I wanted bigger and better airflow). Booted up perfectly all files structures present etc... but tried to transfer on windows and get the error. Any other device is fine and I can transfer file from Win to Freenas but not the reverse.

Thanks

Freenas 9.3 Latest
Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V Motherboard
8GB Ram Crucial
I5 2400
1x 3tb WD Red
2x 1.5tb Seagate in mirror
1tb WD
1x 16gb Sandisk Cruzer USB 2.0

webpilot

Dabbler
Status