Invalid Argument error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinbrad

Dabbler
Ok guys, I've updated to the latest version of freenas and noticed last night that my media was not being seen on any of my dlna capable devices. Hooked up a monitor to my freenas server and it had the following statement

Mar 1 18.19.50 freenas mountd[2295]: can't delete exports for /mnt/media/pluginsjail/jail/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/movieshares: invalid argument

It was working fine prior to this?

sinbrad

Dabbler
Prior to what? Why are you exporting that path via NFS?

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but this area is for NOOBS, Yes. Well I've explained in my post what the problem was and you are asking me a question that I can't answer.

I installed the latest version of freenas, I installed plugins etc and all was well. My devices were all able to connect to my server and I could access all media. Suddenly without warning all devices stopped showing media from the server. That is when I hooked up a monitor and noticed the message I posted in my initial question. I am unable to answer "Why are you exporting that path via NFS" because I've no idea how it has shown that error and what is causing it?

My previous version of freenas didn't have this problem?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ok, the exporting was likely setup by you.. so you SHOULD know this as the admin. If you didn't set it up, then something else you did setup likely setup that setting.

You also didn't mention what your old version was, so that doesn't help anyone either.

In short, its hard to help someone that says "I got an error message and its broken.. help me fix it" if you can provide zero additional details.

sinbrad

Dabbler
I set up the NAS as per my previous installation and the only thing that had changed was the version of freenas which was 8.3.0 and I installed 8.3.1. As I had never seen this error message using 8.3.0 I was a bit stumped to see it using the latest version and that is why I asked the question exactly how it was. I didn't say " I got an error message and its broken..help me fix it" as you so bluntly put it. I asked a noob question and now regret doing so. Yes you may have a few thousand posts to your count but if you can't see that I'm not experienced in this matter then why comment! Since rebooting my NAS the error message hasn't occurred again which is also puzzling as if there was a problem then surely it would re-occur?

Status
Not open for further replies.