Introducing TrueNAS PANE - Shattering your Expectations for Windows Storage

ugKyoUwehNVbGvHv7-Cb9ix9mpITeCjuFJRls4ILVwmf66BXJ9yddZKcIjcxWQ16GwXFmsQ0TXPZN1db04Xq4UIEJUVxnmU1kEUfoYGiLFtc5AHiPY97Cp_jxlns9XAkg2rEtcHm8teIHOAukL9lp1Y

Introducing TrueNAS PANE - Shattering your Expectations for Windows Storage

Hold onto your bits, TrueNAS Community – because we're about to drop the biggest bombshell in the history of data storage! Thanks to a revolutionary breakthrough in OpenZFS development, we're making a move that's going to change the game forever.

Starting today, we're ditching our traditional base OS and diving headfirst into the world of Windows. That's right – TrueNAS is now officially a Windows-exclusive platform, and you can find us in the Microsoft App Store!

Now, we know what you're thinking: "But TrueNAS, what about our beloved FreeBSD and Debian versions?" Well, sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet – and let us tell you, this omelet is gonna be the best one yet! With Windows at our core, get ready for a level of performance and compatibility that'll make your head spin. We’re even integrating Clippy! Say goodbye to those pesky compatibility issues and hello to a seamless TrueNAS experience like you've never seen before.

But wait, there's more! We're not just stopping at Windows – oh no, we're taking this party to the next level. TrueNAS on Windows means full integration with all your favorite Microsoft services, from OneDrive to Teams to Xbox Cloud Saves. That's right, folks – you can now store your precious data alongside your gaming collection, all in one convenient place. Talk about a win-win(dows)!

So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to the Microsoft App Store and get ready to experience TrueNAS like never before. It's time to embrace the future, trust us when we say, the future looks brighter than ever!

So what does TrueNAS PANE stand for?

Please
Actually
Never
Exist

Happy April Fools' Day, and remember: always expect the unexpected from iX!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Excellent, this comes on the day that I discovered that Powershell automagically converts forward slashes to backslashes, eliminating the last barrier I faced to a wider usage of Windows!

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
1711985452846.jpeg

Morphix

Cadet
Being in Australia so we're a day(almost) in front, i didn't click at first this was April fools - Phew!!

Stux

MVP
Waking up to an April 2nd joke ;)

At first I thought this was a rebranding of TrueCommand, you know single pane of glass. That’d be neat.

Or maybe, a sub version of Scale really focused on Active Directory and SMB as a drop in for windows admins.

Nope. It’s a joke ;)