Interesting changes in the latest update 9.3-STABLE-201602020212

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I always look around a bit after an update and the reporting section got a new tab on my system called "Target" with a graph of SCSI target port (tpc). As well as some more information under the ZFS tab like Arc Requests (demand_data), Arc Requests (demand_metadata), Arc Requests (prefetch_data), and Arc Requests (prefetch_metadata).

Was wondering if anyone else noticed the changes. I am making a guess that the SCSI Target port will be for iSCSI data if it is in use but if I am wrong on that guess please feel free to correct me. I do not have iSCSI so I have no clue if I am right but the graph is empty on my system.

D

dlavigne

Hmm, I thought those were TrueNAS only, I'll ask about.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Whoops, something got out:D

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
Your guess about the "Target" section of reporting is right. If you would have iSCSI configured, there would also be graph named "iscsi". "tpc" graph there shows traffic going through the third-party copy engine, used implement XCOPY offload.

I'm just surprised I was the first person to catch it. Kinda nice to see some of the extra info especially on the ARC stats. The reporting pages always seemed a little sparse to me.

Pointeo13

Explorer
Nice Catch! I decided to shutdown all my vm's that run on iscsi and updated freenas. So far so good...

Q4jTOu3.jpg

wphVqUn.jpg

Last edited:

m0nkey_

MVP
I was wondering what was in the latest update. I haven't applied since the changelog was very vague and none of the 'fixes' (two of which I can't review because the bug ticket gives me a 403 unauthorized) applied to me.

I just hope that if this was a slip up and should not have been released that someone will just say "The cats out of the bag we may as well just roll with it." I am sure a lot of people will find all the extra info very useful.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
In FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011 (the next update) this extra info is still in the GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.