Intel pro/1000 PT quad port not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigmon

Cadet
This is my first post here,

I've had freenas running an old computer for about 6 months and have recently decided to upgrade to a new build.

I've got an i3-4130 installed on a Supermicro X10SAE mobo, with 16gb of crucial ECC ram.

I've got a Intel Pro/1000 PT Quadport nic card (EXPI9404PTBLK), that isnt being recognized by Freenas. I installed windows on the build, just to see if the card was working, and windows picked it up, and I was able to use it just fine. I've spent the last couple days looking online for possible solutions, but not much seems to be working, and I've had a hard time finding any solutions.

The cards on the list of supported nic cards, I've read a couple places that I might need to add the interface manually, or install drivers, but havent had much success with either of those. I'm fairly new to this and have exhausted my list of things to check, and try.

Any help would be much appreciated! please let me know if there is additional info needed to help look into the issue.

Thanks!

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
A little reading of the card's specs shows the chip sets on that card are 82571 EB.
I did not see this as being supported by the em(4) driver.
At least I could not find it there.

Zigmon

Cadet
Thanks for the reply Dave,

I had thought I saw them on there, but after close inspection, you're correct, not supported!

I've instead now got 2 single ports nics, and the 2 on board ports linked together.

Cheers

mjws00

Guru
It's on this freebsd em(4) man page for 9.2-stable. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.