Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 Driver?

Dantron

Dabbler
I have a Gigabyte Z690 AERO D motherboard with an on-board wireless controller I am looking for drivers/workaround.

Device:

Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211

On the intel website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204837/intel-wifi-6e-ax211-gig/support.html

I don't see anything for linux, let alone BSD. :frown:

Does anyone have any ideas for getting this device installed on TrueNAS BSD? I am hoping for something that can be Magyvered, without soldering a paperclip or bubblegum to this new Motherboard I really like.

Please help.

Answer: I think you will get the typical response, "TrueNAS CORE/SCALE is an appliance distribution, which you highly discouraged from compiling/installing unsupported packages."

Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10

Question: Are you using the on-board RAID controller or a separate HBA?

Dantron

Dabbler
My question is about the Wifi controller and not anything to do with the motherboard, or RAID configuration.

Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211

I ended up getting a USB dongle that is BSD compatible.

The use-case for WiFi with TrueNAS is a a eth management network, independent of data-flow.

I would prefer to use the on-board wifi, and not use a USB dongle, but it looks like a driver isn't possible for this Intel controller.
Appears to be Windows only, but I was hoping for somebody with some skills to do some magyvering.

sretalla