Install problem,24 install, not succesfull....please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ic3Lord

Cadet
Good morning all,

First of all thank you for this awsome pieace of software.
I have a big problem,for weeks now i am tring to install FreeNas on a pc i had in the house.
I have done many installs not succesfull,please help.
The specs are , Intel DualCore E5300, 2 gb ddr2 800 mhz, 1x 500gb black wd, 2x160gb wd blue, 1x seagate 250gb.
I have installed FreeNas versions 9.3 , 9.2.1.9 , 9.2.0 and 8.3
I have writen the image on 3 usb disks, i have triet installling from 1 to another, booting a VM on my pc and installing via USB a bootle usb drive.
I have tried everything i can imagine.
Last night i managed to get 9.2.1.9 to work, i said wow great, i upgraded it to 9.3 and left it all night runing, when i got up i had the folowing error.....
this error happens everytime i install free nas and i get it up and runing..

Please help and sry for my bad english
6nqe0g.jpg

4jbck3.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, for starters you need 8GB of RAM minimum for FreeNAS 9.3. Even with prior versions, you needed 3GB minimum for UFS to avoid serious problems and OS faults. Not sure what is going on at that moment, but the first thing you should do is get proper hardware and meet the minimum requirements. If you haven't mounted your zpools yet and you are getting that error, you might be lucky. If that error is occurring because your pools are mounted, that probably means you've just lost the pools (yay for backups if you have any).

To be honest, you shouldn't be expecting it to work on that hardware. You don't meet the minimums. We know, from experience, that the 8GB RAM limit is indeed just and required to prevent the OS from being unstable and having serious problems. The fact that it did is inconsequential because you were simply lucking out, and your luck appears to have run out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.