Install Menu doesnt appear by USB or CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno Gomes

Cadet
Well, I'am trying to install FreeNas 9.2.1.7 for the first time with my 4GB Pen drive and by CD.
In both solutions the computer simply doesn't show the boot menu and jumps to actually installed SO.

I tested the USB and CD on my laptop and they boot, so the problem isn't there. :)

The Computer where i'm trying to install can boot other CD's like Ubuntu, windows etc. So one more time, the problem isn't there either. :(

The computer is an old Pentium 4 with the last BIOS software installed. The Motherboard is a QDI Superb 4L, and I've restored to default settings to! :(

I've already tested FreeNAS 8.3 (I think) and the result was unfortunately the same.

I've tried to change the graphic card and ram but nothing went different.

Someone has some idea? Thanks in advance. :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The computer is an old Pentium 4 with the last BIOS software installed. The Motherboard is a QDI Superb 4L, and I've restored to default settings to! :(

If you'd bothered to read the hardware recommendations sticky, you'd know that "an old Pentium 4" is absolutely inadequate for FreeNAS. In this case, it's not only inadequate, it outright does not work.

Jannad

Cadet
Hi,

I have the same problem with an IBM X3650 M3 server (4GB RAM, 1 QC CPU). I tryed several times but without any success.
I tried to turn off UEFI, tryed with Legacy only.... nothing.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Same here... the Console Setup only shows:
1) Configure Net Interfaces
2) Configure Link Aggregation
3) Configure VLAN Interface
4) Configure Default Route
5) Configure Static Routes
6) Configure DNS
7) Reset WebGUI Login credentials
8) Reset to factory defaults
9) Shell
10) Reboot
11) Shutdown

After this screen I can access thru other comp the address and start the confs... but if I remove the pendrive and reboot the comp the old OS starts instead of FreeNAS.

Machine: I3 with 8Gb, SSD for OS of 120Gb and 4 disks WD Red of 3tb each.

best.
MC

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Same here... the Console Setup only shows:
1) Configure Net Interfaces
2) Configure Link Aggregation
3) Configure VLAN Interface
4) Configure Default Route
5) Configure Static Routes
6) Configure DNS
7) Reset WebGUI Login credentials
8) Reset to factory defaults
9) Shell
10) Reboot
11) Shutdown

After this screen I can access thru other comp the address and start the confs... but if I remove the pendrive and reboot the comp the old OS starts instead of FreeNAS.

Machine: I3 with 8Gb, SSD for OS of 120Gb and 4 disks WD Red of 3tb each.

best.
MC

That's because FreeNAS is installed on the USB drive you're removing.

You can either get the installer ISO and install to your SSD (overkill, but an SSD makes a bit more sense with 9.3) or remove the SSD and go on your merry way.

Got it! Last question! Once I have backups for my important files, do you see any big risk if I install the version 9.3?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Got it! Last question! Once I have backups for my important files, do you see any big risk if I install the version 9.3?

Might as well wait for RELEASE, on December 8

Status
Not open for further replies.