SOLVED Install FreeNAS without any LDAP / NIS / NT4 / Active Directory services or controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devnullius

Patron
Install FreeNAS without any LDAP / NIS / NT4 / Active Directory services or controllers?

I am running the wizard, and I get the question which are my domain controllers. I don't have any in my network; I just expect (Samba) network shares from my NAS - I'm happy to create one or two user accounts for that to work :)

Any advice? I googled, but couldn't find anything... Like I MUST use directory services...? :s

Peace!

Devnullius

devnullius

Patron
Ah, I think I get it now. In Chrome, information was missing when I pressed some of the options. With Internet Explorer I get all I need, including volume manager. Now, with the wizard, I can easily press next and skip Directory Services indeed ;-) I couldn't press next with Chrome, therefore the initial confusion.

Thanks!

Post-edit: thanks for the link :)
Another post-edit: turns out, on the left there's "Services" and it looks like I can enable Directory Services for FreeNAS itself - so FreeNAS will be the AD. Would be nice, I'll play with it on a later date... :)

Last edited:

X-Javier

Cadet
Did you play with it ? What happend ??

devnullius

Patron
Status
Not open for further replies.