Attempting Boot from CD-ROM
CD Loader 1.2

Building the boot loader arguments
Looking up /BOOT/LOADER ... file not found
Looking up /boot/loader... Found
Relocating the loader and the BTX
Starting the BTX Loader

BTX Loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.02

It then just hangs. I tried installing from a USB stick and it hangs at the same point.

This is an old HP Compaq dc5850. I've tried it with the hard disks removed, in place with BIOS set to IDE mode, or AHCI RAID.

Can't seem to get beyond this.

Any suggestions?

Alemmax

gpsguy

The better way to determine the integrity of the file, is to download the corresponding SHA256 file, generate a hash for the file you downloaded and compare it to the one in the SHA256 file.

myoso

Cadet
I have the same problem with the same hardware and the same version of freeness.

There isn't any problem with the installation media, i know this because i have installed freenas sucessfully on an old Intelcomputer with the same CD, i have tried installing from no less than 3 different DVD/CD-readers, i have updated the BIOS to the newest possible, but it just wont install.

I have however found indications on a freebsd forum that the BTX bootloader has this problem with some of HP's BIOS:es. Seems like some of the (by BIOS) allocated ram segments are not as they should, and thusly BTX fails to start.

I'll do some googling again to see if i can find the forum again.
And i did: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=31069

However it seems like we are out of luck on this one. If we don't want to mess with the install-media.

Other hardware is my next step.

alemmax

Cadet
Thanks for that myoso.

i ended up giving up. it would have been great to put the old pc to some use, but I guess i'll look around at other options too.

kjertil

Dabbler
hello, sorry for spamming but i've got the same issues with the latest freenas installer!
after scanning through the forums, i'm beginnging to beleive that the fault is not on my end... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.