instal driver for rocket raid 2680 sgl

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpatrickuci

Cadet
A HighPoint RocketRAID 2680 SGL costs ~$100, which the the best price I have found per port to add sata drives to a NAS server. I got this card working in freenas 7.2 by using the CLI to edit the loader.conf file and include the driver under the /cf/boot directory.

How do I add the driver under FreeNAS 8?

The driver link is included for those who may have use for it. It was hard for me to find.

http://www.highpoint-tech.cn/BIOS_D...0X4-2642/freebsd/v1.2/rr26xx-bsd-8.0-v1.2.tgz

ixidor

Dabbler
too cheap

i was going to ask if this card works with freenas.
you saved me the trouble, and maybe $100.
i think i will move up to a better card.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Do you really need a RAID card ? You could get away with a simple SATA port card and not be reliant on a raid card, especially if it fails.

jpatrickuci

Cadet
The 2680 is the best price "per sata port" card available. It works under freenas 7.2. I have the driver for freeBSD 8. Is there anyone on this board who can tell me how to add the driver to freenas 8?

Thank You

joeschmuck

Old Man
Put in a ticket for the driver to be added. I'm sure there is a quicker way but I don't know it. How would the driver be loaded into FreeBSD? That's where I'd start.

sandbagger

Cadet
The 2680 is the best price "per sata port" card available. It works under freenas 7.2. I have the driver for freeBSD 8. Is there anyone on this board who can tell me how to add the driver to freenas 8?

Thank You

Well, I've just set up a box with freenas 7.2, and if you look closely during startup it actually runs on freebsd version 7.3.
I also have the 2680 card, and it does NOT work in freenas 7.2. The driver loads but says that it can't find the controller, which is definitely connected ok as it's own setup menu comes on during bios boot and sees all connected drives, and lets you initialize them etc.

I had a look at freenas 8, and found it to be total crap. I assume that loading the driver is the same process as 7.2, ie. copy it into the kernel and include an entry in the loader file. I got the driver directly from the highpoint website, unpacked it, copied it to /boot/kernel, and then loaded it using kldload.
So....how did you get it to work in freenas 7.2 is my question.

sandbagger

Cadet
Still waiting

Still waiting on a reply to my question. How did you get it to work under 7.2?
Maybe you were just BS-ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.