incremental backups to NTFS-USB-HDD (maybe CIFS-Share to Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

halloween

Dabbler
Hi,

is there a way to make inceremental backups to a ntfs formated usb-hard disk?

My idea was to give a cifs-share of the whole data from freenas to a windows-client and there make a backup of the files to a connected usb-hdd (ntfs-formated).

I tried this with simple file copy job from network-share to usb-hdd. This is working, but this is only full backup.

Is there a (cheap, without costs when possible) way to make incremental backups on this way?

I use veeam endpoint backup to make backups of local computers and i´ve bought veeam (server version) to make backups of my esxi-virtual machines. But i can´t make a backup of the freenas-data-stores, because i gave a pass through-sata-controller to freenas virtual machine. I only can backup system drive of freenas-installation.

Sadly veeam endpoint backup can´t make backups of network shares - only local drives (even usb-drives are not backed up).

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

is there a way to make inceremental backups to a ntfs formated usb-hard disk?

My idea was to give a cifs-share of the whole data from freenas to a windows-client and there make a backup of the files to a connected usb-hdd (ntfs-formated).

I tried this with simple file copy job from network-share to usb-hdd. This is working, but this is only full backup.

Is there a (cheap, without costs when possible) way to make incremental backups on this way?

I use veeam endpoint backup to make backups of local computers and i´ve bought veeam (server version) to make backups of my esxi-virtual machines. But i can´t make a backup of the freenas-data-stores, because i gave a pass through-sata-controller to freenas virtual machine. I only can backup system drive of freenas-installation.

Sadly veeam endpoint backup can´t make backups of network shares - only local drives (even usb-drives are not backed up).

Robocopy, syncback free, synctoy, deltacopy. There are quite a few options.

Status
Not open for further replies.