In Dashboard, CPU has only one core.

NugentS

MVP
According to my research its either an E3200 or E3300
Both are 2 core CPU's at 2.5 or 2.6 GHz
No AES (LZH might be expensive in term of CPU power - but its not something I have tried)
Both launched in Q3'09 according to Ark

LizzicalGal

Cadet
@LizzicalGal which Celeron are you running exactly?
Thank you so much for your quick response. I was wrong. This is why this site is so insistent on specs. It has an Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 450 @ 2.20GHz, it is ...... a single core. Well, that answers my question. I was very sure it was a dual-core celeron. I'm looking into upgrading it. Found a used quad-core for $12. Either way, thank you for the response. I am new to trunas and will likely benefit from this forum.

Davvo

MVP
Thank you so much for your quick response. I was wrong. This is why this site is so insistent on specs.
Exactly. Hardware manufacturer don't make it easy so it's very common to get things wrong. In my current build I originally bought the wrong CPU without realizing... I was sure to have triple checked that, but someone had to point that to me in order to make me understand why my system wasn't booting o_O

I am new to trunas and will likely benefit from this forum.
Feel free to look around and ask about anything, we are here to help!

LizzicalGal

Cadet
Exactly. Hardware manufacturer don't make it easy so it's very common to get things wrong. In my current build I originally bought the wrong CPU without realizing... I was sure to have triple checked that, but someone had to point that to me in order to make me understand why my system wasn't booting o_O

Feel free to look around and ask about anything, we are here to help!

Thank you, this brings another question, How did you buy the wrong CPU? I ordered the:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 Processor 2.66 GHz 1333 MHz 6 MB LGA775 EM64T CPU​

Will Trunas Scale run on that?

NugentS

MVP
And my research was completely wrong - oh well. That model of Celeron isn't even in the spec sheets I looked at!

Davvo

MVP

NugentS

MVP
Still missing AES New Instructions. Depending on how things go, and how much effect this has - you may need to turn off compression on the datasets. My default its LZH which uses AES

Other than that - should work, for a basic NAS