Impossible to set static ip address with GUI

danny36

Explorer
through a lan switch, anyway if I turn back to dchp ip all works fine.
for this reason I say that maybe there is a bug with the gui and change network card settings.

danny36

Explorer
i try now to set new static ip from GUI, instead 192.168.1.12 I trying 192.168.1.10 and now the GUI doesn't work, impossibile to reach new ip from browser after pressed test button.

Whattteva

Wizard
I must say, your issue seems very bizarre. I'm at a loss on what to do next... other than rebooting your router.

What's the output of ifconfig?

danny36

Explorer
I suspect the problem is in my bad router, now I change static ip to 192.168.1.30 and it seems to work and goodnight!

Late to the party.

Perhaps there's a mismatch in settings, such as the defined web UI IP address?

There is a screenshot from Core, but it should be in a similar menu under SCALE.
web-interface-address.png

Whattteva

Wizard
Last edited:

HAjunkie

Cadet
I just installed Truenas Scale last night and was having same problem assigning a static IP I was wanting to use LACP on my NIC in Truenas also. I finally watched a video from Lawrence Systems showing how to use LACP and he used the GUI and CLI to do so. But the GUI would not allow me to bond the ports or let me set a satic IP. I finally went to the CLI and did it from there it left me bond and assign static IP. Some of the menu options he used was a little bit different but I finally had success. You all having problems assigning static Ip through GUI should try through the CLI I believe the GUI is broken to set static IP.