SOLVED I messed up setting up my solarflare nic

OzFromMarz

Cadet
I got the Solarflare sfn6122f and installed it on my Truenas server and wired it to my pc. It was working then I decided to mess around (Can't remember now) and now I can't transfer files through it. I cleared any configurations but it still didn't work. It does show up on my GUI and it's UP but when I transferred files it won't do it in my NIC, just in my LAN.

Redcoat

MVP
UP but when I transferred files it won't do it in my NIC
I guess that you mean that it won't transfer files over your 10G LAN though it's showing up in your TrueNAS box?
Is the the PC's 10G NIC up?
Are these two NIC's on a different subnet than your 10/100 LAN?

OzFromMarz

Cadet
Yes, it won't transfer through my nic card. The PC's NIC is up. I don't know if my two NIC's are in another subnet.

Redcoat

MVP
I don't know if my two NIC's are in another subnet.
OK - so you have a 10/100 NIC in both your PC and your NAS and the 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) transfers are working - and you also have a 10G Solarflare card in your NAS and a compatible 10G card in your PC and they are connected directly together, or are they on a 10G LAN segment with other devices?

What are the IP addresses of your NAS and the PC on the 10/100/1000 LAN and also those for the NAS and the PC on the !0G connection?

OzFromMarz

Cadet
Yes, they are connected directly with sfp+ cables. The NAS is 192.168.1.26 and the PC is 192.168.1.7. I haven't configured the IP address on the 10gbe cards so, there is none.

Redcoat

MVP
Update - I manage to get it working. I gave it a different subnet Thank you!
Glad to hear that you got it up and running. Please mark thread solved - edit subject button at top of string.