I honestly dont know where to start.

nkrader

Cadet
I have been working on setting up my NAS for a few days now, it was setup, then suddenly everything stopped working and now I cant get plug-ins installed (even after full OS re-install, I have done this three times)

Specs:
Supermicro SuperServer 5029C-T
Intel Xeon E-2288G
2x Samsung 32GB 2666 EUDIMM
2x Supermicro 16GB DOM (BOOT)
Kingston DC1000B 960GB m.2 (Jails)

Adaptec HBA 1100-4I
4x Seagate Exos X20 20TB

I want to get this setup with
  • a basic big array on the 4x 20TB
  • Jails on M.2
  • Sonarr
  • Radarr
  • SABnzbd
  • PLEX
  • Heimdall

This was initially working mostly, then I hit update jail and everything shutdown from there on out. I spent some time trying to make things work then decided I would just wipe the OS because I could easily redo everthing and get it running again. This is when I started having problems like a bunch of "php73" failed during install of Heimdall Plug-in (I never had this problem to begin with) Sonarr seems to install fine and work, Radarr installs fine then when trying to access web interface responds with "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

I need to get moving in some direction, I would honestly be willing to pay to get this setup at this point.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Adaptec HBA 1100-4I
This is something you might want to consider first. Adaptec HBAs and RAID cards have poor support under FreeBSD, so you may find yourself in a lot of trouble at some point when the driver does weird and unexpected things.

If you're wanting to use only plugins, you might find that a bit of a rocky road... not that doing jail setups yourself is a guaranteed success, but the guides in the resources section cover all the ones you mention and those work really well. (here: https://www.truenas.com/community/r...darr-lidarr-jackett-transmission-organizr.58/)

For Radarr, you would also be best to look up the thread for .net by @FrankNAS as he's handled the difficulty which is coming for everyone else still running on Mono.

nkrader

Cadet
Right on, I realize I got Linus'd and expected this whole process to be easy.

I will likely just throw all of those programs in a windows 10 vm and call it a day. Sad something so BOLD and on the front page is effectively broken.

Thanks for your time.

sretalla