I accidentally created a new pool on freenas 11.2 on the hard disk that originally had data, can I still retrieve the original data? help me

dktech

Explorer
I used 2 2TB mechanical hard disks for mirroring on TrueNAS12. I wanted to test the NFS performance under the old FreeNAS 11.2 system. As a result, I created a new pool of 2 2TB hard disks under the 11.2 system. How should I get it back? The original pool, please help me.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I’m sorry, there’s no help to provide. Creating a new pool on top of an old pool destroys the old pool. Your only recourse is to engage a data recovery professional to scan disk sectors. If you had a backup, you could restore your backup onto the new pool.

dktech

Explorer
I’m sorry, there’s no help to provide. Creating a new pool on top of an old pool destroys the old pool. Your only recourse is to engage a data recovery professional to scan disk sectors. If you had a backup, you could restore your backup onto the new pool.
Thanks for the reply, I have already asked a data recovery staff to try it. Thank you