HTPC-Manager setup: works for SickRage & Transmission not Plex or Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevan

Patron
I gave HTPC manager a shot this AM thinking would be nice to see a dashboard for my plugins.

* Sickrage: put in the URL and port, API key and tested it, went green and enabled it: works
* Transmission: put in the URL and port and tested it, went green and enabled it: works

Now for:

* Plex: put in the URL and port, API key, username and password and wont' test ok; removed username and password and still won't test ok. Using same username and password Sickrage uses to integrate with Plex which works fine, btw. So a bit stymied why Plex cannot be reached while Sickrage and Transmission can.

Note: the log entry from HTPC-Manager shows:
modules.plex ERROR Failed to get authtoken from plex 401 Client Error: Unauthorized

--> Plex says to use this format:
http://192.168.1.12:32400/library/metadata/147?X-Plex-Token=YOURTOKENVALUEHERE

but in HTPC-Manager, there's a URL and a PORT so no way to add a path including the Token.

* Headphones: put in the URL and port and API key and tested: nope.

Anything special I should be doing for Plex and Headphones to work in HTPC Manager?

Last edited:

marcevan

Patron
No, still no luck.

I think with Plex it's something that has to change on the plugin. Since Plex enable family mode for your kids, etc, there's a token you have to find in the XML of any show but there's no place to put that into the plugin. The error given is that the token isn't given. If I disable family mode it still gives an unauthorized return as it doesn't authenticate properly.

For Headphones I'm at a total loss. It's setup the same way SickRage is, and SickRage words great in HTPC manager, while Headphones just doesn't work even with the API key given.

pgweb

Cadet
i have got plex working with HTPC Manager
https://github.com/Hellowlol/HTPC-Manager.git

in the PLEX server in the settings under network
find the following
"List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth"

And then add the IP Adders on the server that HTPC Manager is installed on HTPC is now indexing the plex data

Status
Not open for further replies.