HPE AMS on ML110 Gen10

osalj

Dabbler
Hi,

My TrueNAS Scale is installed on an HPE ML110 Gen10.
Everything works like a dream!
I only have a problem with HPE AMS-Agentless Management Service.
I know HP makes it available for Linux, but I don't know how to install it at all.

Can any of you help me?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
TrueNAS is an appliance and is not designed to have things "installed" on it. You may be able to install it inside a virtual machine or something along those lines, or you may be able to ask the developers to consider including it as a feature (use "Report a Bug" at the top -- doesn't matter that it's not a bug, it's the right place to ask for a feature like that).

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The real question is what value you expect to obtain from it. The feature set on offer by such things is usually weird, limited and Windows-centric.

fw_crocodile

Dabbler
Hi, if you want to have AMS daemon working properly, I think this is the cleaner solution today.

I don't think it would damage the original system in any way.
  1. HP is releasing different native tool for linux systems (http://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/index.html)
  2. Today the release of TrueNAS SCALE is based on debian 12
  3. So on HP repository move to /mcp/Debian/pool/non-free/amsd_3.3.0-1772.24-debian12_amd64.deb
What you have to do is to login on the TrueNAS system, move to the /tmp directory download the package (wget). Add the exec bit to /usr/bin/dpkg, install the package, delete the exec bit of dpkg.

It's a clean install of a debian package even if it's an improper "manipulation" of the TrueNAS system. So you have to repeat it on every boot. But a little script could manage it and you could keep the package on some local storage