HOWTO: Chia Farming on SCALE

Johan01

Dabbler
TruePool MainNet pooling servers are LIVE for testing. Our website has also been updated with live MainNet space graphs and farmer leaderboards, with more updates planned in the coming weeks to provide even more transparency on pool server operations.

We are all eagerly awaiting upstream Chia to publish version 1.2.0 with official pooling support, however early testers and adopters can find information on how to get started right now on our Join TruePool page. As with any early access, there is a slight risk of last second changes to the plot format before 1.2.0 is officially tagged, so please use your discretion before dedicating all your plotting resources too soon.

Join our Telegram Channel

Join our Discord Server

Follow Us on Twitter
It seems TruePool found its first block today according to miningpoolstats, congrats!

leckyBill

Dabbler
Ooh, interesting. Are plots made for pools today, still going to work when it all goes fully live? or are these just for testing at this time?
So when do the fees apply and how will Truepool distribute rewards? I guess it all depends on pool size and if the pool actually wins against hpool

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Plots made right now have a ~95% chance of working on official launch.

The fee apply on top of the 1.75 xch and is distributed evenly based on the estimate of the farm size.

leckyBill

Dabbler
Plots made right now have a ~95% chance of working on official launch.

The fee apply on top of the 1.75 xch and is distributed evenly based on the estimate of the farm size.
So the block winner gets 0.25XCH-0.0175XCH? does everybody in the pool pay the fee on reward? Sorry, I haven't been able to find an official description of this. Just wondering 1% of what and when it applies, on reward?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
So the block winner gets 0.25XCH-0.0175XCH? does everybody in the pool pay the fee on reward? Sorry, I haven't been able to find an official description of this. Just wondering 1% of what and when it applies, on reward?

Block winner gets 0.25 XCH directly from the blockchain. The pool distributes the remaining 1.75 XCH.
Out of the 1.75XCH, 0.0175XCH is subtracted as the pool fee. The remaining is distributed evenly between all participants of the pool based on the size of their farms (including block winner).

leckyBill

Dabbler
Block winner gets 0.25 XCH directly from the blockchain. The pool distributes the remaining 1.75 XCH.
Out of the 1.75XCH, 0.0175XCH is subtracted as the pool fee. The remaining is distributed evenly between all participants of the pool based on the size of their farms (including block winner).
Thanks!! is that the standard model for all pools then?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Thanks!! is that the standard model for all pools then?
Most pools operates this way, but they are free to do however they wish. Some set higher minimum payouts so you only get the reward if you have contributed enough in the pool.

They may also steal it or provide false feedback, so its very important you trust the pool, make sure its run by serious people.

ornias

Wizard
They may also steal it or provide false feedback, so its very important you trust the pool, make sure its run by serious people.
Yeah thats why, while personally not a Chia fan, I applaud the choice from you guys to put one together. I pretty much already trust a lot of data towards the work you guys do, so thats a very good foundation to start a trust-relation on for a Chia Pool :)

Jeremy

TrueNAS Marketing Team
iXsystems
New thread with update:

Gjord

Cadet
Hello, I'm facing an issue with the chia app on truenas scale. I'm not able to make the pod be deployed as a full farmer (+ harvester, full node, wallet) node, either starts with harvester, full node and wallet up (when I set the keys environment variable), but not farmer or with only the farmer up (when I set the keys and the farmer environment variable as true).

I'm not able to see this issue mentioned anywhere else on this forum. Sorry if this is not the correct place for this.

Jeremy

TrueNAS Marketing Team
iXsystems
Hello, I'm facing an issue with the chia app on truenas scale. I'm not able to make the pod be deployed as a full farmer (+ harvester, full node, wallet) node, either starts with harvester, full node and wallet up (when I set the keys environment variable), but not farmer or with only the farmer up (when I set the keys and the farmer environment variable as true).

I'm not able to see this issue mentioned anywhere else on this forum. Sorry if this is not the correct place for this.

Hi, do you use Discord? All the Chia conversations are here:

You'd get an answer quicker in this Discord server.

chinabala

Cadet
I am planning to use Scale for my Chia Harvester. Possible?
The one thing I am not sure about, is 'how do I import /ca folder to Scale' to make it running?

I saw this video, and it's quite convenient to do that but can't find any tutorial for Scale.. please help

Z590NAS

Cadet
Since Truepool is no longer, where are the KB docs for the Chia docker image on SCALE? I'm stuck on initial configurations. Where should I go to ask questions as the Discord is also gone, or at least the invite listed in this thread has expired. Thanks.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Since Truepool is no longer, where are the KB docs for the Chia docker image on SCALE? I'm stuck on initial configurations. Where should I go to ask questions as the Discord is also gone, or at least the invite listed in this thread has expired. Thanks.

The articles are still available on github:

bhk

Dabbler