Howdy, super confused why I was banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Fix_It_2

Cadet
Howdy everyone.

I'm really confused as to why my original account got banned and I was told the reason was "Spam".

I posted twice, one in my own thread asking about future hardware support.

The other was in a different thread, in which the user asked if there was anything special to do in order to get a Microserver working, In which I responded that mine worked fine out of the box.

How do either of these qualify as spam?. I've searched (hell I even examined BSD source code) and really couldn't find any definitive answer about the hardware, and was helping a user out in the other thread.

This is super confusing for a new user to these forums...

Milhouse

Guru
I'm guessing you were banned by mistake as this forum is attracting a significant amount of spam these days and your post/thread may have been clicked on instead of (or in addition to) a spam thread. Unfortunately, given the volume of spam we are seeing such occurrences are inevitable, but hopefully rare. Since your original posts have been permanently deleted it's not possible to review them to determine a precise cause, but I suspect this is what happened. Apologies.

ProtoSD

MVP
Milhouse is right, the spam the last couple of weeks has been significant. Sometimes a post gets flagged for moderation if it has some phrase that triggers the spam filter and it unfortunately gets whacked by mistake because it's in a long list with the real spam. I think the other night there were a good 40+ spam posts in a little over an hour that I deleted. Apologies also.

EDIT: We can unban your original account if you want. Send me or Milhouse a PM.

Mr_Fix_It_2

Cadet
Ouch that must suck.

It's okay though, I understand having to deal with all that. I sent proto a PM to hopefully sort out my original account.

Status
Not open for further replies.