How to setup SAS 9211-8i

Status
Not open for further replies.

tefoster

Dabbler
I've been running FreeNAS 8.x with a couple drives for some time now without issue. Now it is time to expand so I purchased a SAS 9211-8i controller card, flashed it with the IT firmware (from windows 2008 r2). When I try to do a fresh install of FreeNAS 8.0.3 it hangs saying "run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after xx seconds for xpt_config mps_startup". If I remove the card everything installs just fine.

I'm assuming this is a driver issue but I have very limited knowledge of FreeBSD. What do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks,
Tom

Thoster

Cadet
FreeNAS on EXSi with SAS 9211-8i IT

I have the same issue on different setup. I tried running FreeNAS on EXSi with SAS IBM 1015 flashed to 9211-8i IT mode with passthrough.
When I try to to run FreeNAS 8.0.3 and FreeNAS Nightly build 0.7.5.9496 it also hangs at: "run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config mps_st". Without SAS 9211-8i IT in passthrough everything runs fine.
Does anyone have similar working FreeNAS setup with SAS IBM 1015 flashed to 9211-8i IT mode with passthrough?
OpenMediaVault under ESXi and 9211-8i IT works fine but it is debian linux without ZFS, I guess is time to test napp-it and OpenIndiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.