How to put same offline disk back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephens

Patron
Yes, please let the resilver finish and stop trying to access it. Pretend it doesn't exist. Unplug the network cable if you have to.

bollar

Patron
Given the extreme amount of damage, I'm not surprised at what you're seeing. How much longer is the resilver expected to take.

bollar

Patron

ProtoSD

MVP
Yes, please let the resilver finish and stop trying to access it. Pretend it doesn't exist. Unplug the network cable if you have to.

Absolutely right, leave it alone and don't fuck with it. Even when it's finished I would only access it from the command line and wait until PaleoN is finished helping you. If you cause it to hang before it finishes or another disk fails, you could make things much worse. Don't waste the chance that PaleoN has given you.

pete_c20

Dabbler
Not sure if this task is still going, but a quickie just in case. If there is/was a GUI open for this system which has appeared to hang or crash then don't deem that to be a sign of a failed system. I have once seen the GUI hang (freenas 8.3.0 RELp1 x64) when the system was running a test intitiated by the GUI but then left overnight. Why it hung I'm not sure. But under neath it was chugging away just fine. The command line was still fine.

I wouldn't want to you incur another problem if that happened and it caught you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.