How to move files out of Plex Jail Media Folder (permissions issue)

Having an issue with moving the files out of the
iocage\jails\Plex\root\media

That is where my files are stored for plex media. This is from when I had FreeNAS. Just updated to TrueNAS. The iocage has root permissions and I get an error when trying to change. After the update, can't move files out of the media folder.

Want to set up datasets for the metadata and media so it can be kept separate from the jail. At the moment, can rename and play media files, just can't copy or cut them to another folder.

Any ideas?

Solved: if you stop the jail, after getting SSH and FTP access the to the iocage/jail folder and adjusting the permissions, you can move files from those folders.

For those with the same issue. Used Putty and Filezilla (youtube video tutorials exist from a google search). Used them to adjust the permissions. Stop the Plex jail. Then you can move files to any dataset you've created.

georgelza

Patron
hi hi.
I have a different issue, I have a storage pool called Apps. it's only 128GB but based on SSD, on which I installed my jails, well it seems the 4 Jails I have, Unify Controller, Plex, qBittorent and a straight OS only with a program installed is eating to much space,
I've already moved the OS and qBittorent, but notice the pool has like 20Mb left, causing Plex not to have enough space to work.

I don't want to loose my database... so would prefer to move the jail from this storage pool to another/intact.

Anyone know of a HowTo migrate/relocate a jail, without having to trash the current install.

G