How to Install TeamSpeak 3 Server Into A Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
so turning it of and then setting permissions ?

raidflex

Guru
so turning it of and then setting permissions ?

Shutdown the TS3 service and set the permissions on the directory, it should generate the log files when you re-start the service.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
i reinstalled it and did the chmod and mkdir, but with the mkdir it says folder exists and when i do /var/log/teamspeak # ls to see the log file i get a permission denied

Stormfire

Cadet
what command di you use for the chmod, I used chmod -R 777 teamspeak, that was done just below the dir, to find out what it looks like use ll and not ls.

It might be of interest that I followed part of the murmur install, which has a video on how to install, so i followed it up to the place where they started to install murmur, then i changed back to the teamspeak install, so i did not use the built in command line I used a ssh program instead.

mjk79

Explorer
Great guide! Got everything up and running. Thanks for posting!

travanx

Explorer
Guide worked for me on 9.3. Thanks.

Yatti420

Wizard
Glad to see people using it..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

Tbb101

Cadet
Hello,

To those who are copying the admin token= from the jailed shell, the copy adds a break. I believe this to be why pasting directly into TS server admin token request is causing some headache.

example paste in notepadd++

token=+T345g345g34g34g5
sfsfsfahajtasejstjhsjj

If your jailed shell is 80x25, highlighting your copy will probably drop down to the second line adding the break. This can probably can be avoided using ssh/telnet.

=)

I am successfully running a Ts3Server based off this guide, Super Thanks!

Last edited:

MRDcanadian

Cadet
Hi all,

i am new to this kind of stuff and am experiencing issue with the install within the jail. when i user the cd/usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server i get an message " command not found"

just got it, it's been years i have not played with such an os

Last edited:

Yatti420

Wizard
Probably typing wrong.. CD is change directory.. Make sure u have a space between CD and path..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

Yatti420

Wizard
I updated the OP to try and streamline it a bit as the process should now go easily again without any need to change perms etc.. Let me know how it works.. Thanks,

Mattias Larsson

Dabbler
Great guide, I'm running a TS3 server for my guild and I'm running it in a jail on my FreeNAS 9.3.1 Stable. I did however notice not long ago that the ports-repo is updated to TS 3.0.12 which I can't for the love of me make work. I read in the changenotes they only support freebsd 10.1 from now on and installing the new version gets me missing libraries. libc++ and libcxxrt but installing those gets me the errror below. Have you had any success with 3.0.12? I managed to downgrade it to 3.0.11.4 so it's up and running again.

/usr/local/lib/libcxxrt.so.1: version CXXRT_1.0 required by /usr/ports/distfiles/teamspeak3-server_freebsd_amd64/ts3server not defined

Hasosoft

Cadet
Great guide, I'm running a TS3 server for my guild and I'm running it in a jail on my FreeNAS 9.3.1 Stable. I did however notice not long ago that the ports-repo is updated to TS 3.0.12 which I can't for the love of me make work. I read in the changenotes they only support freebsd 10.1 from now on and installing the new version gets me missing libraries. libc++ and libcxxrt but installing those gets me the errror below. Have you had any success with 3.0.12? I managed to downgrade it to 3.0.11.4 so it's up and running again.

/usr/local/lib/libcxxrt.so.1: version CXXRT_1.0 required by /usr/ports/distfiles/teamspeak3-server_freebsd_amd64/ts3server not defined

Could you let me know how you managed to downgrade?

I can't seem to get it to work with portdowngrade.

Code:
portdowngrade audio/teamspeak3-server
Choose a revision from this list and run /usr/local/sbin/portdowngrade audio/teamspeak3-server revision
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head/audio/teamspeak3-server'
svn: E000065: Error running context: No route to host
Choose a revision from the above list and run /usr/local/sbin/portdowngrade audio/teamspeak3-server revision

This is the result of what I believe is the command.

ping looks fine
Code:
ping svn.freebsd.org
PING svnmir.geo.freebsd.org (213.138.116.72): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 213.138.116.72: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=18.033 ms

Last edited:

windyboi

Explorer
Hi,

Thanks for the guide. I installed using your instructions but straight after installation there is nothing in the /var/log/teamspeak directory.. Even after running 'service teamspeak onestart' there still is no log files.. Any idea what the problem might be?

I did see this during installation but not sure if it is the problem..

(teamspeak3-server-3.0.12.2,1) /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server/work/stage//usr/local/libexec/ts3server - required shared library libc++.so.1 not found
(teamspeak3-server-3.0.12.2,1) /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak3-server/work/stage//usr/local/libexec/ts3server - required shared library libcxxrt.so.1 not found

omisys

Cadet
Im also having issues, I also tried to downgrade but I dont know how to get the revision number, please help! When using service teamspeak onestart it just says starting teamspeak and nothing happens.

Yatti420

Wizard
Ok guys sorry just saw this.. If the new version is for 10x we will have to wait.. Now for new installs you will want to specify the ts3 port ( the ts3 version) to install.. Ill double check this tonight..

Last edited:

Mattias Larsson

Dabbler
Could you let me know how you managed to downgrade?
Yea, I had the same problem. I remembered it saved the old version under distfiles so I unpacked that and copied all the stuff back.

Guess we're waiting for 10.1 before upgrading. Or well, I guess I could run it in a vbox but nah, not worth it imho.

Yatti420

Wizard
If you've upgraded (by accident etc) you can try installing portdowngrade to reverse that install.. However I believe since it's restricted it wont list older versions.. I only briefly looked at this.. May take another look in the future.. As a warning - use at your own risk - don't use TS3 on production machines now that security exploits exist..

EDIT: Due to the recent exploits and need to get up to BSD10..Aswell as I've been researching server query it looks like some big miststeps exist here with regards to TS3 default installation and server query.. Sadly I encourage you all to give Mumble a shot for the time being..

Last edited:

Mattias Larsson

Dabbler
With the release of FreeNAS 9.10 Nightly it's now possible to run the latest version of TS3 server strait from the ports assuming you install a FreeBSD 10.2/3-based jail. I have tried this myself and as far as I can tell it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.