How to Install TeamSpeak 3 Server Into A Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

obsodien

Dabbler
The only fun i am having right now is finding the serveradmin password so i can log into the server via YaTQA.....

Yatti420

Wizard
I'm not sure onthe default.. As admin I believe I can set that password via client.. Maybe look through the server config..

I would request help via yaqta forum or ts3 forum.. Good luck..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

obsodien

Dabbler
The password is part of the Teamspeak install and can be reset easy when running it from windows, but not so easily done via Freenas... I was just wondering if anybody had any experience with this issue. I am also searching through TS help...

Been going through of reading up on the subject matter, but nothing specifically helping... :-(

Yatti420

Wizard
Hi,

Please see TS3 resources.. As this is a how-to and I've said before I don't want to cover severquery.. There are many resources on TS3 forums regarding resetting or changing TS3 resources.. See ya,

THX

Dabbler
Since noone asked this before I think I might be overseeing something.
When I try to 'portsnap' (Howto 2.1) it seems like the program is not installed.

Yatti420

Wizard
Since noone asked this before I think I might be overseeing something.
When I try to 'portsnap' (Howto 2.1) it seems like the program is not installed.

I am confused are you running portsnap fetch install command?

obsodien

Dabbler
I have been doing that as well, like i said... i was just posting the question here to see if anybody might have run across this issue as well.... Thanks for all of help you have provided, it has been extremely useful....

THX

Dabbler
I am confused are you running portsnap fetch install command?
I followed your instructions, made the new portjail, putty into the jail and use the command portsnap fetch extract. I tried 'install' instead but the result is the same:

[root@freenas] ~# portsnap fetch install
portsnap: Command not found.

Also I updated to V 9.2.1.5 lately. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to install portsnap first?

Last edited:

Yatti420

Wizard
THX you need to access the jail before running the portsnap command..

THX

Dabbler
Oh my. The whole time I was thinking that when I use putty with the correct IP I would access the jail. :confused:
Well I'm still new to this. Thank you for your help Yatti.

Yatti420

Wizard
Oh my. The whole time I was thinking that when I use putty with the correct IP I would access the jail. :confused:
Well I'm still new to this. Thank you for your help Yatti.

If you enable ssh within your jails you can use putty with jail IPS.. See /etc/rc.conf (within jails)..

THX

Dabbler
Thanks to your great howto and help I finally managed to create TS in a jail. Thank you Yatti

THX

Dabbler
Is there a way to find the ServerAdmin password for logging into ServerQuery?
I only found the AdminToken for the Virtual-Server Admin in var/log/teamspeak

As an option I could change the password, but then I need to find the ts3server_startscript.sh. Of course I couldn't find that eighter in my jail ;(

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Actually, when I installed this on my box for the OP, I had the same question, and while I don't recall the answer, I do recall that it took only a few minutes of judicious Google usage to obtain it.

THX

Dabbler
Unfortunately I didnt get useful google results. And it took more than a few minutes, I was searching a while.

Yatti420

Wizard
I don't cover server query here.. Please see the ts3 server query PDF..

THX

Dabbler
I fully understand that Yatti, but my question was not directly related with that.
You covered that in your HOWTO:
4. ** NOTE ** TS3 when finished installing will place keys for appropriate admin / server query logins within the first ts3 log.. (See /var/log/teamspeak after intial run)
Yes I looked in -every- Log File, in the first indeed was the Token but not the Admin PW.
Is it too much offtop to ask where to find it?

And if I that can't be answered for whatever reason, why can't you help me to find the startscript? Isn't it a FreeNAS related question: In which directory does "make install" install TS3?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is it too much offtop to ask where to find it?

Is it a question directly related to the guide? I'd say "no".

And if I that can't be answered for whatever reason, why can't you help me to find the startscript? Isn't it a FreeNAS related question: In which directory does "make install" install TS3?

How about "because he doesn't want to"? He's a volunteer and provided a guide for installing Teamspeak. Does that mean he should be expected to answer any and all questions on Teamspeak?

Just because he wrote a guide doesn't mean he needs to support the software. As a general rule anyone asking questions about software installed in a jail is unanswered or deleted.

Chris230291

Patron
Hello. I have previously had this working without any problems. However I have just tried to reinstall this in a new jail and it will not run.

Everytime I do "service teamspeak onestart" I get...

Code:
root@TeamSpeak:/ # service teamspeak onestart
teamspeak does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup                    
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d)
root@TeamSpeak:/ #

I have created the 2 directories that were mentioned and set the correct permissions (777).

Can anyone offer any advice? I'm running FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64 (ddd1e39)

Thanks,
Chris.

EDIT: I just noticed 9.2.1.7 is out. Should I see if updating fixes it?

Last edited:

Yatti420

Wizard
Can you check in etc.rc.d for the team speak script? It should be there.. If not one will need to be created..

Status
Not open for further replies.