How to install nic drivers in freeNAS 0.8.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

audi30tdi

Cadet
Hello!

Have bought a D-link DGE-528T nic card, but the freeNAS won't recognized it. Have looked in the compability list and the card is listed ok there. Anybody have a solution for me?? Think it maybee a driver issue, but have somebody a step-by-step guide how to install a driver in freeNAS??

Thanks to any help!

Regards
Kåre!

peterh

Patron
dlink 528 id supported by the 'rl' driver. This driver is used for a lot of cards so i doubt that
it's disabled in freenas ( i have no freeenas at hand right now).

What makes you think it's not recognized ?
What is mentioned in the console menue "configure ip address" ( or whatever the wordings are ) ?
If in doubt, can you boot a freebsd installdisk and figure out if it's recognized there ?

scansterz

Dabbler
I'd like to chime in on this similar situation...
What does it take to get FreeNAS to use my D-Link DGE 530T?
It won't show up to add an interface... ifconfig does not show it.

Here are my parameters and findings and I need help.
uname -a
FreeBSD freenas.local 8.2-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p6 #0: Tue Feb 28 18:15:56 PST 2012 root@build.ixsystems.com:/build/home/gcooper/e2e-bld.M6cSqeAx/obj.i386/i386/build/home/gcooper/e2e-bld.M6cSqeAx/FreeBSD/src/sys/FREENAS.i386 i386

none2@pci0:2:1:0: class=0x020000 card=0x43021186 chip=0x43021186 rev=0x10 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'D-Link System Inc'
class = network
subclass = ethernet
=====================
As you can see the machine 'sees' the D-Link card.
I tried loading a driver and it gets an error loading... but I have no experience in BSD like this.
(kldload /boot/kernel/if_rl.ko)<-- that gives an error trying to load it.

-Scansterz

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Suggest trying a FreeBSD 8.3-BETA ISO to see if the newer FreeBSD supports your card. FreeBSD 8.2R, which FreeNAS is based on, is about a year old at this point, and unrecognized hardware is frequently just that it might be slightly too new.

peterh

Patron
the above dlinks are far from new. Chances are that some other driver is grabbing the card.
I have none of them thus i cannot contribute, but post the dmseg ( with comments about what hardware you have)

raulfg3

Dabbler

peterh

Patron
Thanks for the clarification. DFE-528 and DGE-528 is two different cards.

scansterz

Dabbler
I just got the Intel Giga card: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express Network Adapter from NewEgg.
Plugged her in and wow... speed.
I did nothing but ask it to be a network card and give it an IP address... rather that DHCP.
My transferr speeds for movies and recorded TV are between 79-93 as apposed to 9-11
Pretty cool fast.
Who wants a Dlink card? I got one... ah, perhaps I'll try it in the MythTV - Fedora box... may it will find some speed over there.
Cheers.
Thanks to all who helped.
Scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.