[HOW TO] Install and configure sonarr, radarr, transmission and sabnzbd (11.3-U3.2)

svenEsven

Dabbler
I made my NAS around April, and had some trouble setting it up, once I got it up and running smooth 12.1 broke it(apparently not so smooth). This guide is by far the best guide and still works in 12.1. I might mix it with another guide on storing configs outside of the jails so if you ever have to remake the jail the configs stay intact, and let sonarr/radarr move/rename files instead sab. But TY so much for this, its great.

HoHum

Cadet
Stupid me... So, I went into the CLI for Sabnzbd and installed Sonarr. How do I reverse what I just did?
I just deleted the jail and started over. Everything works as expected. I'll just delete both messages when I'm off probation.

davidjt

Dabbler
Next if you are using a media front end such as Kodi or Plex, you will want to select client and add what pertains to you. This will enable Sonarr and Radarr to update your library when a download is completed.

I'm not seeing this option. I would like to have Sonarr place the files in a directory outside of the jail. Can you direct me with this?

davidjt

Dabbler
I'm not seeing this option. I would like to have Sonarr place the files in a directory outside of the jail. Can you direct me with this?

Nevermind, I think I just had some confusion on how the jails work. I did a test with Sonarr and it moved the file perfectly. Thanks for the great guide.

raybacchus

Cadet
Had to create an account just so I could comment this amazing step-by-step instructions. Never has a newbie to TrueNAS had it easier.
Now, I just would like to know if there is a way to get the MP4 Automator and Python to work on the NAS and I will be a very happy person

raybacchus

Cadet
I'm testing this now, but I basically mounted my Plex folder (my media folder) to Sonarr and Radarr to see if that would work. Theoretically it should, but I will see as I am busy getting my data on to the NAS right now.

stryder94

Cadet
I'm testing this now, but I basically mounted my Plex folder (my media folder) to Sonarr and Radarr to see if that would work. Theoretically it should, but I will see as I am busy getting my data on to the NAS right now.

Did this work for you? I'm currently trying to do the same thing.

raybacchus

Cadet
Did this work for you? I'm currently trying to do the same thing.
Yes this worked. I also had to add user 972 to the ACL

Who: User
User: 972 (Don't worry if it says "Could not find a username for this ID")
ACL Type: Allow
Permissions Type:
Basic Permissions: Full Control
Flags Type: Basic
Flags: Inherit

This made everything work where I could Save/Download from sabnzbd in one folder and then have Sonarr/Radarr move it to my Plex folder. User 972 allowed me to select my Plex folders for Plex to read the shows from.

NewToThis

Cadet
Please help, I am unable to access Sonarr or Radarr, also unsure how to check the logs

ajajaj

Cadet
Awesome guide, got it working the first time.

I got one question, why do the uid and gid have to be the same number? Why is this important?

Thanks again, +1 :)

USAMarkD

Dabbler
Does this guide work for TrueNAS 12.0-U3? I did try to install the plugin but I was not able to get it to load in a browser. Out of the box it wanted to share the same IP as the TrueNAS server but port 8080, of course. So I changed it to DHCP. Still didn't load (err_connection_refused). Fidded around with the sabnzbd.ini, changing the IP to a 192.168.x.x address that it grabbed via DHCP. Still no go. So I uninstalled it. Came here to check in before I re-attempt.

Thank you in advance for any advice or feedback on it.

thadrumr

Cadet
Does this guide work for TrueNAS 12.0-U3? I did try to install the plugin but I was not able to get it to load in a browser. Out of the box it wanted to share the same IP as the TrueNAS server but port 8080, of course. So I changed it to DHCP. Still didn't load (err_connection_refused). Fidded around with the sabnzbd.ini, changing the IP to a 192.168.x.x address that it grabbed via DHCP. Still no go. So I uninstalled it. Came here to check in before I re-attempt.

Thank you in advance for any advice or feedback on it.
This guide worked for me on 12.0-U3 though I am using nat instead of DHCP.

HoHum

Cadet
Is there a guide to update individual jails to the latest versions?

leonardchee

Cadet
Thank you for this excellent guide!

I would like to seek clarifications on two points please:
1. In the setup of the testsonarr jail, we started creating the various directories for sabnzbd, incomplete, complete, tvshows, movies etc. inside the testsonarr jail; how was this file structure replicated in the Storage Pools /mnt/tank/testmedia folder please? I can't see the link on when this was done.

2. While setting up the mounts for the various jails, under the destination in the "../iocage/jails/<*arr>/root" path, we can see among the folders, there is already a "media" directory; is there a reason why we chose to go with "../mnt/testmedia" instead of just selecting the "media" directory one level up?

Thanks again for any advice!

Dwight Turner

Explorer
still works perfectly on latest truenas version> I borked my plugins so I reinstalled with this reminder setup and now i can acess my existing media library again, thanks.
originally i had all the plugins in one jail, but now I did as this sugegsted and made a jail for each seperate one. (seems more straight forward)

Dwight Turner

Explorer
Thank you for this excellent guide!

I would like to seek clarifications on two points please:
1. In the setup of the testsonarr jail, we started creating the various directories for sabnzbd, incomplete, complete, tvshows, movies etc. inside the testsonarr jail; how was this file structure replicated in the Storage Pools /mnt/tank/testmedia folder please? I can't see the link on when this was done.

2. While setting up the mounts for the various jails, under the destination in the "../iocage/jails/<*arr>/root" path, we can see among the folders, there is already a "media" directory; is there a reason why we chose to go with "../mnt/testmedia" instead of just selecting the "media" directory one level up?

Thanks again for any advice!

Im not an expert but here goes:

1) if it doesnt create it for you (which it should) , you can create them in the storage pool itself, just mak sure the permissions are edited to add your user

2) it doesnt matter you can use any folder or make one mine is for keeping it logical /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/radarr/root/mnt/media i could have used /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/radarr/root/media

B34N

Dabbler
Thank you for this guide. I just installed on TrueNAS-12.0-U4 and used DHCP and everything seems to be working.

My pool already existed and has owner "root" and group "wheel". It's the same pool the the Plex Media Server plugin is using. Should we be updating the jail for PMS to operate as a different user?

IgJ

Cadet
I really appreciate how thorough this guide is for a beginner! I'm curious, based on your instruction, would it cause any issues to the settings and permissions if I try to setup OpenVPN on Transmission (and adapted it to sabnzbd) from this guide?

Apologies if this is an obvious question, I'm new to TrueNAS and FreeBSD in general so I'm learning as I go.

goody

Cadet
Can someone point me in the right direction or provide some instructions for configuring indexers?

The instruction mention "Under settings>indexers this is where you will want to add the indexers that you are subscribed to as mentioned in the beginning of the guide.".

I have everything, with the exception of indexers, setup and running.

Thanks, Goody.