How to find out if volume is encrypted or not

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

karthikeyan d

Dabbler
No , I have not done it .
The main reason I want to an ISO install is so that I can install it on 2 usb flash drives.
My 4 gb Kingston usb driver is almost 7 years old and I'm worried it might fail.

Because I got some boot drive critical error few days back ( my freenas GUI showed a critical error - Boot volume state is UNAVAIL ; one or more devices are faulted in response to IO failure).

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The main reason I want to an ISO install is so that I can install it on 2 usb flash drives.
My 4 gb Kingston usb driver is almost 7 years old and I'm worried it might fail.
OK, so back up your config, then install fresh to the new keys and restore the config.

Or as long as you have the config backup, you can just try your luck with the current one until you get to 12, then do a config backup again and reinstall 12 to the 2 keys.

It should be noted at this point that USB Key boot drives are no longer recommended, you should install to a small/cheap SSD (kingston does some good cheap ones) if you want reliability.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

karthikeyan d

Dabbler
While we're at it, remove the L2ARC. With 8GB of RAM, that will only be slowing you down.
I have removed the L2ARC
With L2ARC used to get about 50- 70 MBs transfer rate on 1Gigabit Lan .
Now my transfer rate has dropped to 30-35MBs .

i tried to add L2ARC again but not able to , when using gui , under volume layout it say (
You need a data disk group ).

My 60gb SSD is ada0
GUI screen shot

l2arc volume layout value.jpg

sretalla