How to changing update train to nightly?

msgonz

Cadet
I just installed Scale but when I go to update I don't see an option for nightly. It only shows "
Current Train: TrueNAS-SCALE-Angelfish-PRERELEASE". Is there a way to change this?

Thx

beagle

Explorer
According to morganL's post on another thread:
My understanding is that the NIGHTly train issue is temporarily not available due to a technical issue. I expect it will be available again next week, but will report back if not.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
We will be posting a note soon about how to update manually.... there will also be a formal release of 20.12 in the next week.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems

victorhooi

Contributor
I've downloaded the TrueNAS-SCALE.update file - how do I apply this update to an existing TrueNAS Scale install?

peje

Cadet
Victorhooi, just use the webui, there you can upload and execute the update file
cu peje

lawf

Cadet
Can you "switch" from nightlies back to Beta/RC/GA later when available via an update? Or needs a re-install?

Thanks.

Ixian

Patron
Just insure your boot environment for the beta is set to "keep" (System Settings>Boot>Click the kebab menu>Keep) before you switch. Moving to the nightlies will create a new boot environment(s).

From there, just boot back in to it to go back to the beta. You can choose environments at startup and also choose which boot environment to boot in to from the GUI. I believe you can even export your config from the nightly and re-import it to the beta if you make a lot of changes but I haven't tested that recently.

lawf

Cadet
Ah...that's good to know. Thanks; I'll play with that now that I know the available options.