How to change / add to proftpd.conf in TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2?

FreeMyNAS

Cadet
Hey guys!

I'm testing TrueNAS SCALE at the moment and ran into some challenges already. One important part for me, is to customize the FTP service. Since the proftpd.conf always gets restored to "default", i am unable to change it as root. I'm looking for a future proof solution on this and don't wanna hack around permissions to rule over the system.

I found https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/freenas-service-proftpd-conf-file.86111/ but it looks outdated, because in my GUI there is no (more?) "add your additional configuration to the Auxiliary parameters field in the FTP service UI".

I run: TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2 - i wonder if this is a CORE-function only or is this function now some where else?

Thanks!

danb35

Hall of Famer
there is no (more?) "add your additional configuration to the Auxiliary parameters field in the FTP service UI".
Have you tried clicking "Advanced Options" there? Because I'm seeing the "Auxilliary Parameters" field once I do that.

FreeMyNAS

Cadet
Thank you, and yes i did. Just used some other system for the Web-UI and found out, that the other browser hat some plugins who blocked several elements. Nothing is every easy :)

Thanks!