How do you mount cifs to rancherOS for container data storage (FN 11.1-U6)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD4711

Contributor
Hello,

I am trying to get a Plex container up and running but it seems I have problems with mounting cifs shares to rancherOS for container data storage. I am using a fresh installation of FN 11.1-U6.

What I configured:
  • create a user rancher with ID 1100 and a group rancher with ID 1100
  • create dataset video (permission type unix)
  • set permissions for the dataset: user rancher, group rancher (Set permission recursively checked)
  • I checked with ls -l if all folders and files are ranchers files -> they are
  • create a yaml file and merge it with ros config
I tried many many different mount options in the ros configs but I can't get this up and running.
I can't see files in the mounted folder in rancherOS SSH (User rancher, same ID and GID like the FreeNAS User rancher) but I should... sometimes I see files but have no write access...

How do you manage this? How does your mount string looks like? Do I have any problems with user and groups I configured?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

sretalla