how do you manage loads of pictures?

John Doe

Guru
over the years I got more and more pictures.
currently I have them all on a SMB share in folders.

probably many of them are double, they are not sorted in a proper way.... it is a mess

I can remember, that google had a photo tol called picasa with auto face recognition, tagging pictures for geo location etc.

is there an application around, that manages that all on the server directly with a strong focus on privacy?

if not, how do you manage you pics?

danb35

Hall of Famer
There's this one:
Script to install in a FreeNAS/TrueNAS jail here:

Tim1962

Patron
There's this one:
Script to install in a FreeNAS/TrueNAS jail here:

Hi @danb35
I've run this several times and it runs to completion but the url doesn't function. Checked ifconfig of the jail and rebooted but to no avail. Any tips, (or info I can provide?)

John Doe

Guru
There's this one: Script to install in a FreeNAS/TrueNAS jail here:

that software is for sharing and viewing and not for auto tagging nor face recognition isn't it?

joeschmuck

Old Man
I have thousands of photos as well, I manually sort them by who took the photo/which camera/cell phone, and then sort those by date (Year/Month). For duplicate photos you could use a tool that scans for duplicate files and then shows them to you. I'll have to search my mind for that free tool, I'm sure there are many of them out there that show the file name/location/date/modified/size/and image for you to look at. It's still a very manual process buy if you have duplicates like I do, it's worth the time invested to go through them a little at a time. Here is one of them which works well and you can open up each file to verify it's the same photo.

Tim1962

Patron
What does "url doesn't function" mean? What exactly happens?
Deepest apologies, (why do I not have the ability to read my posts with a naive eye, and realise how unhelpful they can be?)

SO, ran through the instructions (Several times) (using a folder on the TN server of /mnt/tank/SMBShare.)
On the face of it all went well, though couldn't see the cli messages at speed, but seems to complete and tell me to log on via http://192.168.0.23 as per the config file (attached) but the "page" is blank and source just reads

Code:
<html><head></head><body></body></html>
<head></head>
<body></body>
<html><head></head><body></body></html>

I've attached the config file, and log file (hopefully) which I hope helps you (even if I can't understand it enough to self help although looks like caddy failed its checksum so maybe not downloaded???

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man

danb35

Hall of Famer
that software is for sharing and viewing and not for auto tagging nor face recognition isn't it?
It's pretty much a photo gallery app.

John Doe

Guru
It's pretty much a photo gallery app.
thanks for that. I am actually looking for a more intelligent app.

Tried plex which has similar features but still lacks of usability and management features.

danb35

Hall of Famer
and log file
That was helpful--here's the problem:
Code:
error: chmod on /usr/local/www/Lychee/.git/config.lock failed: Operation not permitted
fatal: could not set 'core.filemode' to 'false'
Command: git clone https://github.com/LycheeOrg/Lychee /usr/local/www/Lychee failed!

What puzzles me is what caused it. Do you already have an apps/ dataset in your pool? And if so, is it using ACLs?

Tim1962

Patron
I can't be sure before I first did it, but from second time round I deleted the apps folder completely but still the same.

(BTW I've never had an apps dataset in the pools in TN GUI). Should I?

pools.jpg

danb35

Hall of Famer
(BTW I've never had an apps dataset in the pools in TN GUI). Should I?
No, it isn't necessary, just wanted to check. What's the output of ls -al /mnt/tank/apps?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I am actually looking for a more intelligent app.
And just realized you're the OP, so sorry we're sidetracking your thread a bit. I'm not aware of an app that would run in a jail that would be as thorough as you like--if you can suggest one, I can take a look.

Tim1962

Patron
No, it isn't necessary, just wanted to check. What's the output of ls -al /mnt/tank/apps?

Code:
Last login: Sun Jan  3 14:58:00 on pts/14
FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p2 663e6b09467(HEAD) TRUENAS

TrueNAS (c) 2009-2020, iXsystems, Inc.
        All rights reserved.
        TrueNAS code is released under the modified BSD license with some
        files copyrighted by (c) iXsystems, Inc.

For more information, documentation, help or support, go here:
        http://truenas.com
Welcome to FreeNAS

Warning: settings changed through the CLI are not written to
the configuration database and will be reset on reboot.

root@tim[~]# ls -al /mnt/tank/apps
total 13
drwxrwxr-x+  3 root    wheel   3 Jan  3 15:01 .
drwxrwxr-x+ 11 nobody  wheel  13 Jan  3 15:01 ..
drwxrwxr-x+  2 root    wheel   3 Jan  3 15:01 lychee
root@tim[~]#

(Yep, sorry John Doe)

John Doe

Guru
no problem, its in the off topic, so we are following the purpose of this section of the forum :-D

no havent found one yet, but I will keep an eye open and oce I found one, i will post it here

danb35

Hall of Famer
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 root wheel 3 Jan 3 15:01 lychee
Yep, it's using ACLs. setfacl -Rbn /mnt/tank/apps, and then let's see the output of ls -al /mnt/tank/apps again.

Last edited:

Tim1962

Patron
Yep, it's using ACLs. stfacl -Rbn /mnt/tank/apps, and then let's see the output of ls -al /mnt/tank/apps again.

I presume you meant setfacl

root@tim[~]# stfacl -Rbn /mnt/tank/apps
zsh: command not found: stfacl
root@tim[~]# setfacl -Rbn /mnt/tank/apps
root@tim[~]# ls -al /mnt/tank/apps
total 13
drwxrwxr-x 3 root wheel 3 Jan 3 15:01 .
drwxrwxr-x+ 11 nobody wheel 13 Jan 3 15:01 ..
drwxrwxr-x 2 root wheel 3 Jan 3 15:01 lychee
root@tim[~]#

Tim1962

Patron
That looks better (and yes, I meant setfacl). Destroy the jail and run the script again.
Yep that seems to have gone better, and now logged in, many thanks. Now need to understand how to manage Lychee itself!!!