Home Assistant stuck deploying on Scale (Bluefin Up to date)

Adleruser

Cadet
Hello, is anyone else unable to install Home Assistant on Truenas Scale right now?

Right now after successful installation I see it as "running" in the Apps Menu, however after refreshing the page it's stuck on deploying with the error message beeing:
Failed to pull image "homeassistant/home-assistant:2023.7.3": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = context deadline exceeded
Unbenannt.PNG

Last edited:

Adleruser

Cadet
Update: For now i could manually download the Version from Docker, however this way HA is only Semifunctional as Automations cannot be saved for some reason.

sos_nz

Explorer
Yeah, it's also not a full supervised version, so you lose some important functionality. I gave up and installed it in a VM, as have others:

Adleruser

Cadet
After looking into things you are sadly right, some of the problems of Home Assistant on Trunas are simply down to insufficient/inexistent installation script configuration, the above mentioned is down to Automations.yaml not beeing referenced by config.yaml.

Though i am curious what functionality i am loosing? i was able to get almost everyting i wanted to work in the app version thus far (the only neccesity beeing mounting the configuration directory in a user accesible share, thus turning off validation to get there.

sos_nz

Explorer
In terms of functionality you're losing, one major is the inability to upload and restore from backups. Unbelievable, I know.

M0Pegasus

Cadet
Update: For now i could manually download the Version from Docker, however this way HA is only Semifunctional as Automations cannot be saved for some reason.
hi i have the same issue how i could download it manually iam new to thing could you please explain it

sfatula

Guru
Hello, is anyone else unable to install Home Assistant on Truenas Scale right now?

Right now after successful installation I see it as "running" in the Apps Menu, however after refreshing the page it's stuck on deploying with the error message beeing:
Failed to pull image "homeassistant/home-assistant:2023.7.3": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = context deadline exceeded
View attachment 68656
That's been a bug for a while, it simply can't pull the image shown so you can pull the image via "pull image" screen in Truenas (button right there on the manager docker images screen). the image would be homeassistant/home-assistant and the tag would be 2023.7.3. You just pull it and magically HA app will start then.

The bug affects any app and happens from time to time.