Help with RAID0 Disk Management

FriedCheese

Cadet
So, I think I already know the answer to this question, but wanted to see if maybe there was a more advanced option to do this.

I have a dataset that is setup for media storage. These are non-critical files that I can re-download if necessary (and have before). I wanted higher throughput, increased storage, and don't care about redundancy so I set it up as RAID0. I then shared them out via iSCSI for a Windows 10 "server" to use. In Windows, I created the partition using default allocation size. Fast forward and I added a third drive to the array. Went to extend the partition in Windows and realized my mistake of using the default allocation size which limited the partition size so that I can't fully use the third disk.

I know the easy route would be to backup all the data, nuke the setup, and start over. I'm (pessimistically) hoping to avoid that since I'd need to either buy another 16 TB drive or two more 8 TB drives set back up in a RAID0 array to use for the backup.

I'm on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2 FWIW.

FriedCheese

Cadet
I didn't put it above. The default allocation size being 4096 limiting the partition to ~16 TB.

Some screenshots to go with the post:

1708638316428.png

1708638445897.png

1708638470900.png