Help with harddrive!

ChaosInCalm

Cadet
Hi guys,

I've got a Terramaster F2-221, I was getting annoyed with TOS, so, I've added some RAM and made the switch to Truenas.

Everything is up and running, however, I have a 1 x 6 TB drive. Currently, it's showing 5.5 TB as the boot partition and about 60 gigs as available storage.

What have I done wrong and how can I fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-29 150430.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-29 150430.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 44

LarsR

Guru
You propably installed truenas to the 6TB drive and your pendrive or whatever the oder disk is is unused.

Edit: Truenas uses a whole drive for it's boot-drive. So you need at least 2 drives to use truneas. 1 small drive for the truenas installation and then a second or more drives for the data pool.

ChaosInCalm

Cadet
I've got a 1TB drive lying around, or if I use that in the first slot as a boot drive and the 6TB in the second slot as a data drive it'll be fine?

LarsR

Guru
you could also go the not recommended way of using a usb thumb drive as boot device. Or You could try to install truenas onto the storage TOS was using. Try removing all disks you can, launch the truenas installer and see if the integrated storage device where TOS runs from is recognized and try to install truenas on it.