IMG_0157.jpg
IMG_0158.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0161.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg

venno

Dabbler
I have got all my media mounted on the HDD pool and have installed a jail from a script I found on the forum that amalgamates Plex/Sab/Sonar/Radar so my usenet system is working sweet again. Had to modify the script as I split my media locations up (eg seperate mounts for TV, Movies ..etc..).

Then also had fun sorting out permissions, although provisioning an SMB share for my PC's access to the media folders was relatively painless.

Next up is Luns for ESXi so I can decommission the Qnap and sell it.

venno

Dabbler
Well just found out that Vmware are deprecating Vfrc in the next 6.7 update as they believe that caching has more effect at the SAN than the host.

So I will be making adjustments to my NAS, I will relocate the Optane 900P to the spare PCIE x4 slot and carve it up to cache both SSD and HDD pools.

I will relocate the Freenas boot from the USB drive to the Optane 800P NVME drive.

I will purchase another 2 x 1TB SSD's and replace the 2 x 250GB SSD's, this will lead to a mirrored pool of 2 Vdev's (4 x 1TB SSD).

I think I will use the 250GB SSD's as ESXi boot drives in my hosts, then nothing relies on USB drives anymore.