SOLVED help: wifi stream music from nas => mobile device => external amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
Sorry if this post ended up in the wrong place - technically not a nas question but touches on it so I figured there might be someone that resolved this already.

Would it be possible to stream music between nas, your handheld device (phone, pc, tablet etc) and send the sound via wifi to an external amplifier?
Lets say I'v setup a freenas server and PLEX that allow me to access all my media over my LAN
and lets say that I have a non networked hifi system that I want to listen to the streamed music on
- how would I go about sending what I stream onwards to my hifi system - in effect cutting out the need to cable my handheld device spf and my amps spf input?
I've seen various wifi audio receivers sun as Digifunc, Apple airplay etc but exactly how would that work?
What I like to do is essentially remove the need to connect my handheld device via RCA cable between the devices spf in/out on the amp and instead be able to transfer the content being pulled down to my handheld device from nas and forward it to my amp via WIFI
Is this possible ? And if so what do I need to get?

Take a look at Subsonic. It may do what you need.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
Take a look at Subsonic. It may do what you need.
U seem to have missed the point
Im not looking for a new media server software -Nas along with plex would do the job just fine -Ssimply looking for a way to stream using a mobile and feed the audio wia wifi to an external amp

U seem to have missed the point
Im not looking for a new media server software -Nas along with plex would do the job just fine -Ssimply looking for a way to stream using a mobile and feed the audio wia wifi to an external amp
So, is the "data" already on the mobile device or does it have to stream from somewhere through the mobile device and then out to the amp?

ghostwolf59

Contributor
So, is the "data" already on the mobile device or does it have to stream from somewhere through the mobile device and then out to the amp?

The idea is to allow me to stream from nas (plex) down to my laptop, iphone, android samsung phone etc and forward the audio wirelessly on to my amp (which by the way isnt network capable) basically would like to replace the spf cable between my device and amp with something over the air

And no, the data is not stored permanently on my hand held device or pc - its streamed down in realtime from nas

9C1 Newbee

Patron
Access the share on the NAS with the mobile device. Plug the device into the amp. DONE!

ghostwolf59

Contributor
Access the share on the NAS with the mobile device. Plug the device into the amp. DONE!
Omg - some people simply cant bother to read what the issues / probmem relates to :(
Did u actually read the question - sheeesh

As it turn out i just sorthed it by going out buying the logitech bluetooth adapter - the issue now resolved
Trust u tke better note on details when setting up freenas though

9C1 Newbee

Patron
Yeah have a reading deficiency that has plagued me all my life. Thanks for pointing that out. :D

I thought you meant wireless between the server and device. But what you meant was between the device and amp. Yup, that is a job for bluetooth. On a side note, there are a large amount of self contained systems with rechargeable batteries/amp/speaker/bluetooth.

This is why I suggested Subsonic. You can stream the media on your server to the phone and then out on bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.