Help! Truenas Scale install not working, no boot drive found

Master_W

Cadet
So I am attempting to build a new server to upgrade from my previous Synology system. This is what I have

Silverstone Rm21-308 Case
ASRock Rack EPC612D4U-8R
Intel E5 2650 V4
64 GB Ram
Adata SU800 SSD x 2
12TB Seagate Ironwolf

I downloaded the newest stable version of Scale, ver. 22.02.3, used Belana Etcher to put the file on my Sandisk USB drive. I go through the install, designating both my SSD's as my boot drives and at the end, I do not get my Console Setup Menu. It asks that I remove the boot drive media and restart. I pull the USB I used and restart. Upon restart, it says insert boot drive. I go to my bios and look at my boot options and the SSD's that were there before have disappeared.

I basically followed this youtube video HERE but my results are not the same, can't seem to get the Console Setup Menu and when I restart it keeps asking for the boot drive. Please help!

indivision

Guru
It sounds like a hardware issue that is occurring "above" TrueNAS. So, there wouldn't really be a solution regarding setup process.

Have you looked into support for the MB recognizing those SSD at boot?

A couple things I would look into: BIOS settings regarding those drives, UEFI/Legacy mode settings, making sure the SSD drives have latest firmware...

Master_W

Cadet
So the two ssd’s were showing up before the install but once installed, it doesn’t show up anymore in the bios.

indivision

Guru
Were they showing up before the install? Or, is it that they show up when going through the install process but not in the BIOS?