Help me install "unsupported plugin" for PMS running on freeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipaddict

Dabbler
Hi guys,
I have spent several hours researching hoping to find a guide or information regarding the install of roku's "unsupported plugins" for Plex Media Server on freenas. Unfortunately, I am having no luck. I currently can launch plex server from freenas then it takes me to a sign in area on myplex. Once I am signed in I have access to my library My channel etc. I can only see a test mp4 media I have uploaded via windows share. I have the option to add available channels from the directory, however, I am interested in installing the "unsupported" channels such as Icefilms, Navi-x, movie2k etc. these unsupported folders are currently in individual folders on my laptop at location: username/local/plexmediaserver/ plugins. I'd imagine they will have to be moved to freenas on specific shares so that they are available in my Library.
Keeping in mind that I am not as technical as most on this forum,
Can someone help me with this? Please keep in mind that I am a newbie so excuse my ignorance.
thanks guys.

ipaddict

Dabbler
Hello, can someone help me with this? If I wasn't clear please let me know and I'll do my best to clarify. Thanks in advance.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You DO NOT have to keep bumping this begging for help. What you are asking for is probably niche in this community. Just wait for someone to come along and assist you with it.

ipaddict

Dabbler
Oh! Great, to be honest, I literally thought I was the only one that's able to see my posts. Good yo know thanks for your advice. I'll wait.

ipaddict

Dabbler
Sorry pirateghost, it appears that I am alone with this issue. I will attempt to reconstruct my questions. Again, I am a noob here.

Hello everyone!
I am having NO Luck accessing unsupported channels since moving to FreeNas 9.1 server! I remember prior to setting up freeNAS, extracting roku bundle plugins were required at location /username/ local apps/ plex media server/ plugins. After the freeNAS 9.1 upgrade I do not have access to any of my unsupported channels. Is the extraction of the unsupported bundle plugins required in freenas? If so, at which location? Please chime in if you can assist me in any way. I appreciate your help.
Thanks for your time.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
ipaddict,

pirateghost asked you to stop bumping your thread. If you post to this thread again before someone else posts I will close the thread. It's been here for 6 days and you've gotten no responses presumably because nobody knows how to help you. Continuing to bump it isn't going to make us suddenly have knowledge.

ipaddict

Dabbler
Cyberjock,
If I need a question answered about freenas and on day 6 I cannot get an attempt from some of the most knowledgable people who knows freenas inside-out; maybe I need to pursue other alternatives. You know, I have even a longtime lurker here and I hand noticed how some newcomers have been treated with disrespect and disregard; so, I am not surprise that you are threatening to close my thread. Let's be honest, I cannot be the only person who have uploaded plex plugin on their freenas server 9.1. I was fore-warned of how I'd be treated here as a newbie. I am willing to accept the consequences.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Umm, its not exactly uncommon to post and leave it to either blossom into the answer or it dies then and there. Plenty of people get no answers here because there's none to give. If you don't like that simple fact, that's fine. There's plenty of other projects you can go to. But be warned they'd probably tell you the same thing if you kept bumping your thread for a week. Either the answer will be posted by someone or it won't.

Like I said before, you aren't suddenly going to get an answer by continually bumping a thread for a week. Someone will post if they have the answer and happen to find your thread.

Not to mention you posted in the "How-To" section of the forum, which clearly says its for guides and not questions. So I'm moving it.

ipaddict

Dabbler
Thank you for taking notice!!! So on day 6 we found out that I was posting in the wrong section. As a noob, it's difficult to navigate through these forums, I apologize. At the very least, we can hope that my post is more exposed and as a result, i can get some help with the plugin problem. I am now aware the I should not bump but, because of my ignorance my error was noticed. Again, I hope by moving the thread, yields better results.
Thanks

ipaddict

Dabbler
Btw, this was my previous post:

"Oh! Great, to be honest, I literally thought I was the only one that's able to see my posts. Good yo know thanks for your advice. I'll wait."

If I was a moderator, this was an opportunity to move my thread. Instead my thread sat for 5 day before you noticed as a result of my undesired bump.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Btw, this was my previous post:

"Oh! Great, to be honest, I literally thought I was the only one that's able to see my posts. Good yo know thanks for your advice. I'll wait."

If I was a moderator, this was an opportunity to move my thread. Instead my thread sat for 5 day before you noticed as a result of my undesired bump.
Some of us view the forums from tapatalk and don't see the locations of the posts.

You don't have to be so disgusted with VOLUNTEERS of a forum that's provided for FREE

ipaddict

Dabbler
With all due respect, if a thread gets bumped too often and some/most are on tapatalk not able to see location, what do you think goes through the mind of a new poster? ("No one is seeing his posts!")
My intend was never to be disgusted. After all, I am seeking help!

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi ipaddict,

If you haven't already you might also want to try asking about your problem over in the plex forums. There are plenty of posters here who know about FreeNAS & FreeBSD around here, but not so many who know about the ins & outs of plex. My guess is your problem has more to do with plex itself rather than the plugin.

-Will

ipaddict

Dabbler
Thank you Will. Unfortunately, I have been exploring for some time now. I have tried Plex forums and a few others. I was advised to try freenas forum from most forums. To be quite frank, I'm not sure where the problem lies. Now that my thread is moved, I am hopeful to get some help from this forum.
Thanks.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Just to clear the air, I read every single post made to this forum. EVERY. SINGLE. POST. And I know at least 1 other moderator that does the same thing. Low on our priority list(because of the number of posts/threads) is checking that every single thread created is in the right place. We catch them when we catch them.

So for the record, the fact that nobody "noticed" that you posted to the wrong section has no bearing on the support you will or will not receive. Most of us look at the list of all new posts since our last login and not the topic. The only reason I started looking more closely at your post is because of your incessant need to bump your post. Every time you bump your own thread we all see it, and 1/2 of us will immediately think "not helping this guy if he feels it necessary to bump his own post". We are, after all, all volunteers. We have enough problems with users that have been rude, obnoxious, or just been insufferable. We try to avoid those users if we even think that someone might be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.