Help getting Crashplan running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick2253

Wizard
ssh'd into the jail and checked to see if there was a .ui_info, there wasn't so I copied the app version of it, dropped the ip address from the end and put it in the right place in the jail.

You will never need to copy it from the client to the server. The .ui_info files is used by the client to authenticate itself with the service. If the ui_info file is not present, then it is not needed by the client. You will only need to worry about this when the plugin is autoupdated.

check the version as per your instructions and was informed there is no such file.

Most likely you ran the command from the wrong directory, and since I didn't put the leading slash, it was looking for the wrong file. I edited my previous post to include the leading slash. Try it again.

Now when I try to start the service it looks ok but then when I check the status it's not running.
Check what status? From the shell? Or from the GUI?

Is there a way I can force an update of the plugin and then know for certain it's done?
Not that I've ever seen. If you find a way, let me know!

tonyp1983

Dabbler
Wiped everything and setup again using version 3.7.0 of the app for Mac, FreeNAS version is 3.6.3 (using your instructions) and everything is working as expected. The Mac app is lovingly informing me that it's downloading the updated version of the app in the background so I'm guessing I'll lose access again next time I load up but I'll just leave the plugin running and check in occasionally to see it it updates and then I'll tackle the appropriate setup for that version.

Thanks for all your help and apologies if any of my responses have been nonsensical, I'm not the best with FreeNAS/FreeBSD yet and adding in CrashPlan's nuances doesn't help.

zoomzoom

Guru
You will never need to copy it from the client to the server. The .ui_info files is used by the client to authenticate itself with the service. If the ui_info file is not present, then it is not needed by the client. You will only need to worry about this when the plugin is autoupdated.!
please disregard... misread your post

Last edited:

tonyp1983

Dabbler
please disregard... misread your post

So left the server running and checked in after a bit only to see it had gone offline again, checked the engune version and it had upgraded to 3.6.4 but was suffering from the missing Java variables in run.conf mentioned elsewhere in the forums! Fixed that, corrected my.service.xml values and ui.properties again (client version still 3.7.0) and got everything successfully started up again, great! Checked again shortly afterwards and couldn't connect the client to the server! Checked the engine version and it's now 4.4.1. Updated the client to the latest version, copied the, now present, .ui_info and fixed my.service.xml and all good! Hurrah!

Now I will just copy .ui_info over to the client as and when or sort out key authenticated ssh in the crash plan jail and use the script to launch the client that some posted on another thread.

Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.