Help Connecting FreeNAS to Zentyal

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy B

Cadet
Hello

I'm new here and looking for some help.

I have a Zentyal 3 server acting as a Primary Domain controller for a few PCs on a network. This is where I create all my new users.

I have a freeNAS server setup on the same network and it running fine with a large RAID running FreeNAS 9.1.1.

What is the best way to have FreeNas authenticate against the Zentyal server for single sign on, I've been trying the LDAP settings but it doesn't seem to work.

Im not sure I understand the difference between AD, OP and LDAP. :-(
a

Hi,Did you get this to work, I am just looking for same solution..
If yes could you spare 5-10 min and do a quick guide..

Best Regards
Mathias

jmccoy555

Cadet
Hi, has anyone managed this.. I'm struggling and going mad!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bman_FreeNAS

Cadet
I am running Zentyal 3.3 and FreeNAS 9.2.0 and have successfully joined FreeNAS to the domain.

I apologize in advance that I didn't write things down when I was figuring this out myself however I believe what I have below is exactly what I changed.

1) Under "Network" I made sure that my HostName, Domain, Gateway and Nameservers were filled in (at the very least).
- For example sake:
- Hostname: Freenas
- Domain: domain.local
- IPv4 Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- Nameserver 1: 192.168.1.2

2) Under services edit the settings for Directory services by clicking the wrench.
- Another example:
- Domain Name (DNS/Realm-Name): domain.local
- NetBIOS Name: FREENAS
- Workgroup name: domain
- Administrator Name: Here I used an account that was a member of the domain admins group.
- Of course, put in the password for the domain admin account being used.

After this try to start the service (if it doesn't automatically attempt to start).

This was all I really did to join my FreeNAS to my Zentyal Domain Controller. I hope this helps, I know it is not a complete "how to".

Status
Not open for further replies.