Hello, World!

wsoteros

iSCSI Enjoyer
Administrator
iXsystems
The Forum Moderation Team has noticed the massive influx of users who are running virtualized TrueNAS creating threads for questions so we decided it was time to make a place to ask questions and give tips!

Have a suggestion for something you'd like to see? Send me a message and if we agree that it is needed we will work to get that added!

As always. please make sure to review the rules before posting.

Enjoy,

Will

danb35

Hall of Famer
Seems like you should move @jgreco's threads on "don't virtualize Free/TrueNAS" and "If you must, how to have a chance of not losing all your data" over here and make them stickies.

Heracles

Wizard
Perhaps a sticky to remind readers and differentiate this subforum from users who run VMs on Core and SCALE?

In addition to this, perhaps the subforum "Applications and Plugins" should be renamed to "Applications, Plugins, and VMs".

Scharbag

Guru
I really like the idea of this post area!! I really hope that people come here for serious virtualization discussions!! (so far this may not be the case...)

Anyway, I have been running ESXi and TrueNAS since 2015 with great success. Love the system. Some of my HDDs are getting a little long in the tooth (8 years in service) but everything is still running great.

Happy virtualizing and long live TrueNAS!! :)

Scharbag

Guru

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Suggestion for inclusion in a pinned FAQ/resource post - @Spearfoot's resource of scripts used to help automate some of the chicken-and-egg scenarios of TrueNAS-as-a-VM including the datastore rescan on boot, etc.