Hello from Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartleader

Cadet
Hey everyone, long-time casual nerd here, looking to finally build a proper NAS for my apartment. I currently have a Raspberry Pi with 2 x 2TB Western Digital Red Drives in a RAID1 array sitting in my closet, and an ancient 32-bit box running FreeNAS 9.2.1 in my living room. I'm very impressed with FreeNAS compared to my DIY NAS that's raspberry pi, and I'm planning to build a new box from the ground up for FreeNAS 10!

I have a couple years experience with Linux but am pretty ignorant of the hardware side of things and looking forward to learning lots!

m0nkey_

MVP
As a fellow Canadian, welcome to the forums! :)

Note that FreeNAS 10 is under heavy development and testing. If you care about data integrity, roll with FreeNAS 9.10. If you're willing to throw caution to the wind, then go for it! Make sure you keep and verify regular backups, because FN10 may eat your data should a serious bug appear.

dartleader

Cadet
Sorry - should have been more clear; I'm researching a build now in anticipation for the release of FN10. I thought I had seen a projected release date sometime in the next few months but now cannot find it.

m0nkey_

MVP
The release date keeps being pushed back. It's now been pushed back to end of March.

Status
Not open for further replies.