Hello everyone! ...and help! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iv4nI

Cadet
Hi, everyone!

I've been reading about FreeNAS for a while now and I think I'm ready to go for it.
Currently, I'm running close to a 10-year-old DIY NAS (based on Athlon 64 x2 platform on a Windows Server 2012 R2). :D
It still works, HDDs are humming nicely inside but I want to replace this aging fella with a full blown FreeNAS box that will serve for years to come.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding a good EU-based store that has Supermicro boards and ECC RAM and ships to Croatia.
If anyone has any ideas/recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.
Hope I'm asking in the right forum. :/

Regards,

- Ivan

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi, everyone!

I've been reading about FreeNAS for a while now and I think I'm ready to go for it.
Currently, I'm running close to a 10-year-old DIY NAS (based on Athlon 64 x2 platform on a Windows Server 2012 R2). :D
It still works, HDDs are humming nicely inside but I want to replace this aging fella with a full blown FreeNAS box that will serve for years to come.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding a good EU-based store that has Supermicro boards and ECC RAM and ships to Croatia.
If anyone has any ideas/recommendations, I'd really appreciate it.
Hope I'm asking in the right forum. :/

Regards,

- Ivan
Welcome to the forums!

We have several forum members who live in Europe (paging @Ericloewe). Perhaps one of them knows of a good source for Supermicro boards/RAM/etc. and will drop by and help you out.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
amazon.de has a quite decent selection. They take a few months to get new Supermicro stuff in stock, but being an early adopter is overrated anyway.

Other than that, look around Supermicro's website to see who they partner with. Many stores ship pretty much anywhere in Europe.
My latest purchase was from sona.de - they have nearly everything, but shipping is slow, expensive (unless you're ordering massive amounts of gear) and they don't package RAM very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.