Having trouble installing Syncthing, and other installed plugin not showing as installed?

Drifting

Dabbler
Hello,
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction?
I have plex installed which is working fine, and I have manually updated this recently. So never really had cause to look in the plugins until now, and I noticed that the plugins say it is not installed when it is? The plug I am trying to install is Syncthing. Have read through many of the forums posts about DFG and DNS entries, all tried and failed, and if I was honest I was following blindly.

Here is the latest error message when trying to install:-
Error: syncthing had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: *** Invalid mac_prefix. Must match `?X????` where ? can be any valid hex digit (0-9, A-F) and X is one of 2, 6, A or E. *** Partial plugin destroyed

I tried another plugin, the tarsnap, all default settings:-
Error: tarsnap had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: DNS Exception: A DNS label is empty. pkg.FreeBSD.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network Partial plugin destroyed

I have been through the networks settings and they all look fine, even the resolv.conf looks ok too?

Any help great fully appreciated.

Paul.

cupricreki

Cadet
When creating the plugin, go to Advanced -> Networking Properties -> set mac_prefix to something matching `?X????` where ? can be any valid hex digit (0-9, A-F) and X is one of 2, 6, A or E.

020000 would work. So would 060000.

Drifting

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply.
Did try what you suggested. Sadly the same end product.
Error: syncthing had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: DNS Exception: A DNS label is empty. pkg.FreeBSD.org could