Having an issue importing UFS hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raviteja

Cadet
Hello, Am having an issue in importing UFS hard disk. Please help me on this .

Am using a freenas server with configuration of Intel Core i5(4th Gen Processor), 4GB RAM, 2TB HDD. We installed Freenas 9.1.1 We run it on a USB Pendrive kingston 8GB drive. We've been using it from past 1 year, but few days before suddenly its unable to turn on. Tried rebooting several times bt no use still its unable to boot. I don't remember the error exactly The data in the hard disk is very important so i inserted this 2TB HDD in ubuntu system and mounted the disk and copied the data to another hdd.

Actually in freenas when we configured we created 3 sharing folders namely Technical, Tutorial and testing. Tutorial sharing folder is of 50 GB ,When I placed the hdd in ubuntu system and copied all the folders displayed, but i was unable to find the tutorial folder files. The displayed folders are all belongs to technical folder. Now we need the tutorial folder files also, please tell me how to get those files. We formatted the USB kingston 8GB drive and installed Freenas 9.3 stable version and tried importing the drive but it mentioned after importing all the data will be formatted. So we didn't import it.

Please tell me how to get the backup of the tutorial sharing folder. Is there any possibility of importing this 2TB drive which is in UFS file system into FreeNAS without losing the data i.e without formatting the drive. And also am willing to know when my 2TB hdd connected in ubuntu system only the technical folder files are displayed and tutorial files not displayed, may i know why does this occur in this way?
Please suggest the best way as soon as possible, as its emergency to us..

Thanks in advance.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hello, Am having an issue in importing UFS hard disk. Please help me on this .

Am using a freenas server with configuration of Intel Core i5(4th Gen Processor), 4GB RAM, 2TB HDD. We installed Freenas 9.1.1 We run it on a USB Pendrive kingston 8GB drive. We've been using it from past 1 year, but few days before suddenly its unable to turn on. Tried rebooting several times bt no use still its unable to boot. I don't remember the error exactly The data in the hard disk is very important so i inserted this 2TB HDD in ubuntu system and mounted the disk and copied the data to another hdd.

Actually in freenas when we configured we created 3 sharing folders namely Technical, Tutorial and testing. Tutorial sharing folder is of 50 GB ,When I placed the hdd in ubuntu system and copied all the folders displayed, but i was unable to find the tutorial folder files. The displayed folders are all belongs to technical folder. Now we need the tutorial folder files also, please tell me how to get those files. We formatted the USB kingston 8GB drive and installed Freenas 9.3 stable version and tried importing the drive but it mentioned after importing all the data will be formatted. So we didn't import it.

Please tell me how to get the backup of the tutorial sharing folder. Is there any possibility of importing this 2TB drive which is in UFS file system into FreeNAS without losing the data i.e without formatting the drive. And also am willing to know when my 2TB hdd connected in ubuntu system only the technical folder files are displayed and tutorial files not displayed, may i know why does this occur in this way?
Please suggest the best way as soon as possible, as its emergency to us..
Thanks in advance.

What does any of that have to do with the thread you just resurrected?

If Ubuntu doesn't see some of the files on the drive, it's quite likely you're SOL. If your data really is that valuable, back it up, store it on a system that isn't a cobbled-together frankenserver running outdated software and with no redundancy whatsoever and back it up.

gpsguy

FreeNAS 9.3 doesn't support UFS, only ZFS. FreeNAS 9.2.1.9 was the last version to support UFS.

Instead of going with the latest version, try a version closer to what you had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.