Hardware failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help!!

due to a bad wind storm yesterday my power was knocked out and when the power finally came back on i could not get my freenas server to kick over. for the most part i knew this was coming, the server was a duel opteron 246 server i got off ebay for $40. since i knew it was heading south i had started building a new server with the intention of pulling all the info off the old box onto a external drive, then rebuild the zpool with a ssd for cache and adding 2 more 2TB drives as well (currently there are 3). my question is can i pull the 3 drives out of the old machine (running 8.0.2) and put them into the new machine (8.0.4) and be able to import the zpool? i had backed up the config but unfortunately had my download folder set to freenas.. (bangs head on wall)

my old server is very similar to this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rackable-2U...EN_Servers&hash=item56476abfa2#ht_1324wt_1163

new system is:
Asus m5a78l-m lx plus
AMD FX-4100
8gb DDR3-1333
pyro 60GB ssd

Any help is appreciated!

i gave it a shot, i moved the drives over to the new machine and tried a auto import but got this message: Error: [MiddlewareError: The volume "Main" failed to import, for further details check pool status]

so i tried switch back to version 8.0.2 but got the same results, any ideas?

Thanks!

never mind, i ended up starting over.

Status
Not open for further replies.