Hard Drive Troubleshooting - Massive Failures - Need Help Isolating the Problem(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Yes, thank you.

dirkme

Contributor
Neither pool is encrypted, so not sure what kind of encryption key you talking about here.
Well the cable was not so long ago replaced.
When you go to storage, click on your first volume, on the bottom do appear keys, hover with your mouse over it, it is self explanatory.

Trust me, FreeNAS is the safest way to store your data and almost endless in what you want to do with it.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Thread name changed.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
That's half the problem. The other is that there are eight pages of stuff to search through. Most threads go way off-topic by the third page. It's better to have shorter threads with a more specific focus, both for the OP and anyone searching for solutions later.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'd say that this thread is for the most part on topic for this perticular problem on all 8 pages. I don't see the value of starting another thread as all the previous troubleshooting here would still need to be read by someone who wants to help, assuming they want to see the whole story. So I think we are going to agree to dis-agree for this perticular thread, but I do understand what you are saying for some threads, they can be too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.