SOLVED Hard Drive Serial Numbers Not Displayed In GUI, M1015

Status
Not open for further replies.

9C1 Newbee

Patron
Since my upgrade into 9.2, FreeNAS has not displayed the serial numbers correctly. I haven't worried too much about it. It has been going on for months.

I recently upgraded to 9.3 and I immediately received this alert upon entering the GUI:

WARNING: Firmware version 15 does not match driver version 16 for /dev/mps0

This is in reference to the firmware (p15 in my case) loaded in my M1015. Sometime in FreeNAS 9.2, the p16 firmware became mandatory. In 9.3, a warning was added to alert you if you are not on p16. I flashed my M1015 to p16.

After doing so, the firmware warning went away immediately. Also, the serial numbers are now displaying properly in the GUI.

NOTE: Having an M1015 on FreeNAS 9.3 and running other than p16 firmware has resulted in data lost in a few cases.

T0M

Cadet
Since my upgrade into 9.2, FreeNAS has not displayed the serial numbers correctly. I haven't worried too much about it. It has been going on for months.

After doing so, the firmware warning went away immediately. Also, the serial numbers are now displaying properly in the GUI.

Hello, I am seeing the exact same message for both my M1015 controllers after upgrading to 9.3.

But I am unsure as to what commands I have to use in order to upgrade the firmware. Would you mind helping me out? (Also: do I need to disconnect my drives before upgrading?)

9C1 Newbee

Patron
Reactions: T0M
Status
Not open for further replies.